Flemish Giant Rabbits

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by iajewel, Oct 24, 2008.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    My son talked me into Flemish Giant rabbits this summer and I have never been happier. I have them potty trained, and they live in a natural habitat with out causing real burrowing issues. Yes, they do dig, but only under thier house.. so I control where they dig, buy where the house is. They are freindly as dogs, smart as dogs, and I like them better then any rabbit breed I have ever had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    We were just given a pair [​IMG] . They are pretty cool- and I am looking forward to breeding them. Great habitat btw!!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  3. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Given.. WOW, in this part of the country they are hard to find and not cheap. I drove 6 hours for mine, then paid out the teeth.. you are very lucky.
    What colors do you have? I just have the Sandy. I want a pair of blacks but have to build a new pen first.

4. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    a sandy and a black [​IMG] They were just sort of thrust upon us- and I couldnt be happier about it. Justification for becoming friends with all the guys and gals at the local feed store, besides the fact that they are great people in general [​IMG]

5. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Oh cool, let me know what the bunnies look like, should be intresting.

6. Bassleg

Bassleg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2008
    Lebanon Oregon
    My sister had a rabbit in house for about 4 years and she is a clean freak it always went in the rabbit box <cat box>
    they are cool pets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by