Flies!!!!!

hispoptart

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 14, 2011
NW Colorado
The flies in my coop and run are becoming unbearable. Even after cleaning it out and laying fresh pine shavings. I read a post from someone who used permethin spray to get rid of mites and it also killed the flies. I found and bought this yesterday, but now I don't know if it's safe to use. If I spray the ground and wait for it to dry before letting them out, will it harm them if they eat something that has been sprayed? Thanks.
IMG_20190915_081702724.jpg

I use this exact product and have no problems using it even though the word chicken isn't on the bottle.

Here is one more that is pretty much the same thing that does have the C word on the bottle.

I would spray everyt daily until the flies leave.

I use this exact product and have no problems using it even though the word chicken isn't on the bottle.

Here is one more that is pretty much the same thing that does have the C word on the bottle.

I would spray everyt daily until the flies leave.

Ok so this does not say for use on chickens, so should I just spray the walls and not the ground? Thanks

Another way to help control them is to make traps. Cut the top off a plastic soda bottle so that it fits down in a mason jar. Put a piece of tape around it to hold the inverted bottle neck to the jar. Just like with a minnows trap, flys go in the big bottle hole but can't find their way out the little hole. Drop in a small piece of raw meat, honey, or even poo if that's what the flys are attracted to. Once it fills up, you can dump it out for the birds to eat.

I'd spray EVERYthing.

Ok thank you. Right now they are taking turns in the nest box, so I will lock them up after they are done and spray outside, then after it dries I will spray inside an lock them out till it dries.
Five minutes is long enough...until the spray settles.

Ok thanks, that's good to know as the coop is just a small pre-fab one and they hate being locked in the tiny run area it has.

Back
Top Bottom