Flies

gailbelanger

Chirping
Apr 7, 2022
Paris, TX
I have bought the reusable Rescue fly traps.
Now the ingredients say nontoxic.
They are loaded with flies and maggots.

What I'm wondering is if these could be fed to chickens?

I don’t think that would be good to give to your chickens..
Yeah I was wondering how to dispose of the flies and maggots being it's reusable. I looked on the manufacturer's site and it said nontoxic to dogs and animals but was wondering if anyone has ever tried this or has more knowledge of it.
It's kind of gross. I like the idea of reusable and saving money but throwing out a bag seems easier.

I was also wondering how harmful these trap bags are. We had a tropical storm last night, and we have a few of those bags and jars hanging around. The wind was blowing pretty hard, so if my ducks or chickens eat leaves they find foraging. Do I need to worry about them ingesting whatever was in the bags? I was concerned about the bags overflowing or spilling the contents out.

Yeah I was wondering how to dispose of the flies and maggots being it's reusable. I looked on the manufacturer's site and it said nontoxic to dogs and animals but was wondering if anyone has ever tried this or has more knowledge of it.
It's kind of gross. I like the idea of reusable and saving money but throwing out a bag seems easier.
I just got some too. I wanted to get the reusable ones but couldn’t cause they only sell the disposable ones in my state. I’m in CA. I put mine in a tree next to the nesting boxes. That should be fine right? Won’t have an effect on the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom