flipped bator

Discussion in 'Quail' started by snyd08, Jul 22, 2011.

1. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    after my eggs came from quailladyoffortmyers (stellar game birds) my cat decided to step on my incubator and somehow he flipped it. [​IMG] i came home to my girlfriend picking cracked eggs out of the turner. i lost a total of 7 button eggs out of 27 and 4 scarlet/scarlet tuxedo eggs from 12. [​IMG] im a bit angry with myself however things happen and im glad i still have 18 button eggs left and 7 scarlet/ tuxedo eggs. they all got wet from the water pan in the bottom of it so i made sure non were soaked dried them all and put them back. temp is holding steady again and i just hope the fall didnt effect the little ones i was really looking forward to this hatch. [​IMG] am now considering placing an order for a pair or two of adult breeder buttons. have been looking forward to raising these guys. [​IMG]

2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I hope they are okay [​IMG]

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Ah man! [​IMG] I hope they are ok. I just sold my last pairs [​IMG] So praying they make it! Or you can get more eggs [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    OR you could get some from me, though I don't have mine paired off with like colors unless by accident [​IMG]

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Fry The Cat! Billions Of Asians Cant Be Wrong...

6. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:I hear a soy sauce marinade and stir fry makes it a good kitty!!! MUST STOP NOW....TOO MANY JOKES.... Bill

7. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    I Hope These eggs hatch for you [​IMG]
    And sorry about the other eggs

8. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Quote:I hear a soy sauce marinade and stir fry makes it a good kitty!!! MUST STOP NOW....TOO MANY JOKES.... Bill

[​IMG] [​IMG] ^^

yeah i hope they hatch too but it's not the end of the world. plus i decided to order 12 tibetten and 12 scarlet eggs from quailladyoffortmyers again. AS WELL AS 18 plus button eggs from SHELLYD [​IMG] due to the free shipping. am still hoping for a hatch from this batch but even if they dont i know i have more on the way. can never have too many quail! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    I can sympathize. I had a disastrous pet experience also. Forgot my daughter's lovebird was out of his cage and came home and he had eaten the incubator. Not really, but chewed chunks out of the styrofoam. The whole thing has big nibbles taken out of it all the way around.

I did think frying pan, but lovebirds are even smaller than buttons and he cost a lot since he was hand fed (now bator fed?).

10. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    my buddy's LG has macaw marks all over it... what is it about chewy styro?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by