1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Flock Block

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Kodie D, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Kodie D

Kodie D New Egg

Mar 7, 2014
    Anyone have any info on flock blocks? I seen them at tractor supply wondering if there worth messing with

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i have bought them twice. i guess there ok . first one they didnt really get what it was and the second went kinda fast. i like to compare them to a suet cake. if i was going somewhere for a couple days i would want one. they are hard and it takes them a min. to get started on them. at least thats my experince

3. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    i have one almost gone now. They seem to enjoy it. i've had a few days this winter all my latches froze and i couldn't get in the pen to fill up there feeder and at least they had something to eat till i get to town and get propane for my torch.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    great idea !! i used hammers and screwdrivers. my husband is not pleased. hahahha my car wipers froze and he used lock de-icer on them . i was impressed.

5. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    lol i woulda used the same but the lock on my outbuilding where my tools are was also frozen. lol

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hahaha, thats ok, my de-icer is in my van. would of come in handy during the last ice storm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by