Flock Blocks- they are tasty!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chicknmania, Sep 21, 2010.

1. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    TSC had them on sale for $10.00. Our chickens like them, although it took them a few days to figure it out,
    cause the block is hard. Something new for them, and entertainment, too.

2. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Mine love them. I always keep one in the chicken house. They seem to last quite a while and nothing is wasted!

3. swimmer

swimmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Utah
    I'll have to look for some of those next time at the TSC.

4. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    I got one and my girls polished it off in no time flat! I'm sure it was delicious but I think I'm going to hold out on buying anymore until winter time.

5. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Does the Molasses make them sticky at all?
    Just wandering how they would hold up the the overfluff of a heavy bearded silkie?
    I had one of those blue tubs for the horses, they loved it but the Molasses in them made EVERYTHING sticky for weeks! YUCK!

6. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The blocks are hard and don't seem like they're sticky. Mine love them too but they're only 8 % protein. I'm afraid it will mess with their protein requirements so I've been supplimenting with leftover meats.

7. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Since they don't last too long, do you feel like they are worth the money?? I saw them at my feed store and almost got one for my girls.

8. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:Off topic, but I just saw that you registered here on BYC on my Bday! [​IMG]

9. baileychic

baileychic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2010
    Delavan, WI
    I wanted to buy one but I was worried about the critters helping themselves to it.... Anyone else have this problem? And can you leave it outside? Or do you keep it in the coop with their regular food.

10. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Yay! Happy belated Bday. I see that you're in MD too.

I got my flock block on Sunday and my 16 girls have been steady at it. It's still more than half there so I think it's worth it. I've gotten kinda chicken crazy so I'll buy them anything if I can afford it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by