Flock Master64's Chicken Blog!

Flock Master64

Crowing
Jul 24, 2016
Surrounded by the Amish
Hello everyone!

First off I wasn't sure if I should do this blog or not, and for 2 reasons. Reason 1 my life isn't very interesting so most of you will find this boring. Reason 2 I've been busy with stuff and the last two times I tried this my phone froze and I had to turn it off to get it going again. Here's a little about me and how I came to raising chickens.

1. My name is Jacob but most people call me Jake

2. I live in the great state of Michigan GO BLUE!!

3. Some of my hobbies include but are not limited to reading/writing ( I like to read anything except autobiographies and romance novels :sick ) I like playing card and video games with my brothers and sisters, watching my flock free ranging, archery, and cooking.

4. My favorite food is Buffalo Wild Wings

5. I'm a Christian

6. I hope to join the military one day

Here's that story on how I got my first batch of chickens.

Once upon I think it was 2-3 years ago my brothers, cousin, and I went up to my grandparents house during the summer for a few weeks to help out with things because, you know they're not getting any younger. At their house we did things like paint the ceiling, stack/cut wood, gardening, clean out old sheds ect. After two weeks it was time for my cousin to head home so we all packed up into my grandfathers pickup truck and headed to Wisconsin. After about 3-4 hours it happened......WE ARRIVED!!! After we got settled in I started talking with my uncle, and it came up that I didn't have any pets and my uncle thought that was ridiculous. He said all kids should have pets because they teach life skills like responsibility and other stuff I can't remember. So my uncle decided to send us 9 chickens through the mail ( one for each family member) So fast forward several months to March when my parents and brother are out of town on a vaca to Florida. While my parents are gone my uncle mailed us the 9 chicks, unfortunately half didn't make it so we only had 4. We had a Black Copper Marans, 2 Blue Copper Marans, and 1 Buff Brahma. Sadly they are all gone now, we lost the last one the black copper earlier this year to some raccoons. But earlier this year in August I got 3 new chickens from my uncle to replace the BCM and White Leghorn I lost earlier ( I got 3 Amber-Links and 3 White Leghorns from TSC, I lost 2 leghorns to a dog and raccoon attack) The new breeds were 1 Buff Brahma pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet, and 1 Chocolate Cuckoo cockerel.

Story End

I'll try and post at the end of every week with the most interesting things that happen.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

First off I wasn't sure if I should do this blog or not, and for 2 reasons. Reason 1 my life isn't very interesting so most of you will find this boring. Reason 2 I've been busy with stuff and the last two times I tried this my phone froze and I had to turn it off to get it going again. Here's a little about me and how I came to raising chickens.

3. Some of my hobbies include but are not limited to reading/writing ( I like to read anything except autobiographies and romance novels
sickbyc.gif
) I like playing card and video games with my brothers and sisters, watching my flock free ranging, archery, and cooking.

Once upon I think it was 2-3 years ago my brothers, cousin, and I went up to my grandparents house during the summer for a few weeks to help out with things because, you know they're not getting any younger. At their house we did things like paint the ceiling, stack/cut wood, gardening, clean out old sheds ect. After two weeks it was time for my cousin to head home so we all packed up into my grandfathers pickup truck and headed to Wisconsin. After about 3-4 hours it happened......WE ARRIVED!!! After we got settled in I started talking with my uncle, and it came up that I didn't have any pets and my uncle thought that was ridiculous. He said all kids should have pets because they teach life skills like responsibility and other stuff I can't remember. So my uncle decided to send us 9 chickens through the mail ( one for each family member) So fast forward several months to March when my parents and brother are out of town on a vaca to Florida. While my parents are gone my uncle mailed us the 9 chicks, unfortunately half didn't make it so we only had 4. We had a Black Copper Marans, 2 Blue Copper Marans, and 1 Buff Brahma. Sadly they are all gone now, we lost the last one the black copper earlier this year to some raccoons. But earlier this year in August I got 3 new chickens from my uncle to replace the BCM and White Leghorn I lost earlier ( I got 3 Amber-Links and 3 White Leghorns from TSC, I lost 2 leghorns to a dog and raccoon attack) The new breeds were 1 Buff Brahma pullet, 1 Olive Egger pullet, and 1 Chocolate Cuckoo cockerel.

Story End

I'll try and post at the end of every week with the most interesting things that happen.

Very interesting. I think it will be quite fun to hear about your current and past life experiences.

Hello everyone!

3. Some of my hobbies include but are not limited to reading/writing ( I like to read anything except autobiographies and romance novels
sickbyc.gif
) I like playing card and video games with my brothers and sisters, watching my flock free ranging, archery, and cooking.

Story End

You like reading? That's slightly unusual for a boy
tongue.png

i LOLd at what you said about romance novels! I actually love them
cool.png
. What are you currently reading right now?

Back
Top Bottom