1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Flock of 16 hens and a blue orp rooster for sale in Central WI

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

My friend has 16 hens and a VERY nice beautiful blue orp rooster for sale in the Wausau area. I'm waiting on a price but she said it will be cheap. She has to sell her flock because of money issues. They are a young flock around a year old. She has barred rocks, buff orps, EE's, and some mixes. They are all housed together and are all wonderful birds. The rooster is a gentle boy and is not mean at all. He takes real good care of his girls. If anyone is interested please let me know. They will have to be picked up in the Wausau area.

Thanks so much! I would take them but I just don't have the room [​IMG]

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Jeepers [​IMG] You freaked me out for a minute when I read that title .

Glad it s not you!!!!! [​IMG]

3. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I would take the EEs for eggs, and maybe a few Orps or BR for eggs, but I don't think I can do 17 more chickens right now.... I have chickens on the dining room table, in both bathrooms, my bedroom, the laundry room, the bator, the hatcher and the brooder. Not to mention everyone outside! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] There is no place to escape right now!!

Katie

p.s. Tiki244 - Your 2 Seramas LOVE my bathroom! That darned roo starts crowing like clockwork at 630am.... which is good, 'cause we can't oversleep now! I'vce got to get an enclosure build for them, because right now, their enclosure IS the bathroom. The bantam Leghorns fit into the coop with absolutely no problems!

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Wisechicks...if we don't get any other offers on the whole crew, what ones would you be interested in and how many? You said the EE's for sure and how many barred rocks. She has an adorable mixed barred rock that is just beautiful! I will try to get some pictures of the flock to add on here.

Tiki! NO it would not be me in a million years unless I got some disease and had to give them up because of health issues! I'm actually considering ducks! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? It's this threads fault!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=129295&p=2

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:I am so glad WiseChicks,,, I was worrying so much about them at first but now I am so glad they are with you. What a wonderful home. [​IMG] I see someone is looking for bantam leghorns eggs in the egg section.

DUCKS [​IMG] They would make good eating,,,but really dont you need a pair of Seramas and a pair of OEGame bantams ? They are reallly cute ... BBRed? [​IMG] [​IMG] Hmmmmmmmm?

Sylvester is still up for adoption [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

I KNOW, I KNOW! Crazy right!? DUCKS!? What am I thinking!? LOL They sure are cute. But you know me, they would not be for eating but for eggs only. I could not kill a chicken or a duck I'm a whimp and so is my hubby when it comes to that. He only kills them if they are really sick or in the one case he DID have to kill one she had been attacked by a dog and had a broken back [​IMG] I'm SOOOO happy he was home! I don't have a clue what I would have done if he weren't.

7. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Kris - You have more seramas??!

Yeah, my home is spoiled animal city. Yesterday I was mixing up oats, cracked corn, grain, dried fruit bits, bird seed and layer ration for dinner. Michael and I had a frozen pizza. LOL!

Oh, hell, You could probably talk me into all of her EEs, the Barred Rocks, and the Buff Orpingtons. I'll throw them all into the "egg" pen. [​IMG]

Crap, I know someone with a beautiful Barred Rock roo.... dang it! Maybe I'm adding another breeding group. [​IMG]

Somebody find me a nice single guy, who lives in the country, and who wouldn't mind supporting a wife who is chicken crazy! (or maybe just crazy crazy!! LOL!!!)

All I wanna do is stay home, raise chickens, raise my gardens, and raise kids. Is that too much to ask these days???!!! [​IMG]

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

LOL WISE CHICKS your too funny. Anyway, I talked with her and she said 40 or 50 bucks if someone would take all 17 of them (including the one blue boy which she got from me). OR give her a price you can afford. The blue boy is a beauty too! She also got a blk cochin girl, a black sex link, and a buff orp from me which is in the 16 hens she is selling. They are not even a year old yet and just started laying eggs for her. Some of the others are between a year and two years old. None over 2 yrs.

For separate hens they would be 3-4 bucks a piece.

I have a pic of the blue orp boy but it's not working yet. I will have hubby get it added here later

9. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I'm not funny, I'm serious!!! With 22,000+ members, you'd think SOMEONE could find me a DH that wants a loving chicken wife! [​IMG]

Maybe that could be a new contest! Kinda like the build-your-own-incubator contest.

OH, dang it! For $40-$50 I really should take the whole flock. I couldn't do it until I came back from Colorado; I fly home late on the 16th, so I would be able to get them on the 17th or later.....

Then I need to find some blue orp hens.

Katie

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Ya that's a really cheep flock. I knew you would want them! LOL And I'm sure that date would be fine for her. Thank you! She will be thrilled that they are not going to be separated. Wait until you see that blue boy. He is a beauty! If i didn't have my blue boy I would have grabbed him up in a second.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by