Jul 17, 2018
East coast central Florida
Chick 1- no name, this one has the Green/ blue legs
F9481D5D-1414-4099-B4FA-C337A3E95B63.jpeg
Chick 2- Springy- not sure the leg color, looks a bit dark green maybe
E3179300-014D-4550-A340-9B1FAE1AFB2E.jpeg
Chick 3- Honey
483DC8AB-D9DC-4836-B520-F4ED5E2D9695.jpeg
Chick 4- Trixabell- I think this one might be the cuckoo Maran.
A47EDD50-339A-45AF-8019-A83523CB6B9A.jpeg
Chick 5- Tiddles- green or blue legs too. This chick is pretty flighty and is always the last one I catch to bring inside or outside.
BE41E3B7-4893-420F-9BC4-5B146C9A9A5F.jpeg
Chick 6- Marge
44EA26B2-2A0E-4EE8-A9EA-2A61DF30C7F7.jpeg
Chick 7- Ginger
155D87A6-C1C7-4ED4-8BDB-489068C363AE.jpeg
Chick 8- Hollywood- she had green or blue (I can’t tell) legs
AA4604F9-88A7-4C2D-A882-4A853EB20FD1.jpeg
google has been a hot mess for me the last 4 weeks of owning these 17 chicks. We got 15 ornamental layers from McMurray and added 2 whiting true blues and the free 1 rare chick. So far we know we have 3 silver gray dorkings and 3 favorelles, these were easy because of the 5 toes. Well some of these others are so hard to figure out. So I’m letting the professionals help (you all!) also some of the names are compliments of my 4 year old

I'm not certain on any except for Cjcik 6, which looks like a young Golden Lace Wyandotte. I'm thinking the ones with green legs are possibly Easter eggers, but in really not certain..

I thought possibly that about the EEs, but I thought those where more a generic range of breed and not what was supposed to be in the ornamental layer collection from McMurray which is why I’ve been trying to figure them out.

True, Easter Eggers are usually mixes of Ameraucanas or Araucanas. Maybe, as they grow, their legs will change color. I know my sebrights didn't have slate grey legs when they were young like that, but grew into the color. As babies, their legs were somewhat grey, with different color at the bottom.. but now, they have the standard slate legs. So, maybe their legs will change colors. I think for most, it's probably too early to tell, and you'll have to post back in a few weeks. But, maybe someone with chicks similar to yours will come by and help out :) I can't offer any guesses other than the GLW

Chicks 1,2,5, & 8 are Easter Eggers. Chick 3 looks like a Welsummer. Chick 4 is a Cuckoo Marans. Chicks 6 is a Gold Laced Wyandotte. Chick 7 is probably an Amberlink.

I didn’t know McMurray sold amberlinks? I’ll have to call and ask, I was thinking that number 7 was possibly one of my whiting true blues but I’m not sure.

Also I’m kind of sad that I’ve gotten that many Easter Eggers as I ordered the ornamental layers for the reason of having all rare or special breeds, just as a surprise. I know EEs are cool and fun and great birds but wasn’t what I was looking for. Maybe they will end up being something else at the end. I called McMurray and asked about EE and ameraucanas and they said none should be in the ornamental layers collection so we shall see how this pans out.

Thank you!

I didn’t know McMurray sold amberlinks? I’ll have to call and ask, I was thinking that number 7 was possibly one of my whiting true blues but I’m not sure.

Also I’m kind of sad that I’ve gotten that many Easter Eggers as I ordered the ornamental layers for the reason of having all rare or special breeds, just as a surprise. I know EEs are cool and fun and great birds but wasn’t what I was looking for. Maybe they will end up being something else at the end. I called McMurray and asked about EE and ameraucanas and they said none should be in the ornamental layers collection so we shall see how this pans out.

Thank you!
Could be a Whiting true blue. I have no experience with them. Number 2 could be a Fayoumi.

Back
Top Bottom