Flock Photos

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jimnjay, Jul 31, 2007.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
  2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Very nice chickens![​IMG]

3. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Jaynie those are great. Love the Black silkies and buff silkies. Of course they are all beauts. Love that Blue Orp Roo.

4. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Jaynie,

They are gorgeous!! I can't wait until my silkies get bigger. Do you show your silkies?

Do you sell eggs? I don't want any now but I would love to have some buff silkies.

jackie

5. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Julie, That Orp Roo is so beautiful, his face and expression is really nice. She is starting to get red in the comb so eggs will not be long off. Thank you for the georgeous stock.

Jackie, I do not show but I do sell eggs. I don't have much to offer at this point. I am hoping for improved egg production soon.

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

UM ...........I will take these [​IMG] how perty they all are

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  7. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Jaynie, I have a dumb newbie question... how do you tell the difference between a black silkie and a blue silkie? Are the blue silkies feathers lighter at the quill end? Black and blue looks the same to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Great question, I had the same one when these guys started to feather out. You are right the feathers are very grey towards the skin. One of my Sizzle Cockerels is a dark grey. Also the hatch out very grey, mine just seem to be dark blue. I will be interested to see how the offspring color out. This is my first time with the blue gene. I hatched out the splash girls from eggs I purchased and they were mixed colors. I kept only the Splash and mated them to my Black Silkie. Pure Black Silkies will still show the iridescent sheen of green and purple especially in the tail and wings.

Kathleen, Thanks for the compliment, I love those buffs. I am still hoping one is a boy, consensus is both are girls but the comb on the darker one is a little bumpy. Just grasping for straws here, I need a buff Rooster so badly. Until she lays or crows, I will still hope.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by