1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Flock raiser feed question????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kwack, Apr 13, 2009.

1. kwack

kwack Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Delaware County
    Isn't the flock raiser 20% protein? If so, are duck folk cutting it with something to get it into the 16% range?

What else is there since Purina quit the duck chow?

Thanks

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I used flock raiser once, no problem. You can add some scratch to help with the protien level. Thgat seems to work just fine.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I feed flock raiser to my ducks all the time. I do mix cracked corn in with it most times though. I never had any problems when I was feeding them just straight flock raiser. I started mixing it for economic reasons.

4. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    Who makes Flock Raiser?? I've never heard of it over here, just all purpose poultry. My ducks really don't get fed regularly, they stay fat eating off the pond, creek and property. every once in a while i will give them a dish of food but they never finish it all...they did get caught sneaking into the house after the dog food the other day though...they sit on the porch and wait for a couple pieces every afternoon now :-\\

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Purina

6. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

I too give my ducks Flockraiser but was wondering, if you want to cut it with scratch are you talking regular scratch, like the chicken kind?
    I am worried about the high protein so I would like to cut it to make it less.

Kycklingmamma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by