Flock reduction/moving sale, Central TX, silkies, no shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KDbeads, Aug 30, 2010.

1. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Well, I'm facing having to reduce the numbers due to a silkie explosion and a pending cross country move. I'm going to be taking a few birds but not all. Some of these will be free others are going to be a bit more.
    I would prefer a pick up only as I do not have a very reliable vehicle and it doesn't have AC but I will meet within say 30 or 40 miles of Mason TX (Llano, Brady, Menard, Fredericksburg)
    Email or PM me instead of hitting the Buy it now button!

Let's start with the regular birds:
    Esmeralda, the girl that started it all, feral flock bird but has done really well here in confinement, lays brown eggs, about 3 a week, mix breed, free to a home where she will not be used for food
    [​IMG]
    Miagi, hatched from one of Essy's first eggs in September 2009, nice girl, loves to be petted, brown eggs, about 3 a week, mixed breed, free to a home where she will not be used as food
    [​IMG]

The boys, EE mixes, all have the same mother/father, all free, you can take them for whatever purpose you want (we were going to put the 2 red ones in the freezer when they fill out) Black one was hatched March 19th and the reds were hatched out April 10th of this year
    [​IMG]

And now for the silkies, we have not been able to show any as of right now but have been told that a few of our younger chicks are spot on for show/breeder quality by a local who used to judge years ago but we do not guarantee show quality because, like I said it was YEARS back when he did judging:
    What started us off will be retired, they are around 2 years old, in the middle of molting (please consider that when you look at the pics!), lay well when not broody (2 of them are broody right now but we aren't letting them keep eggs), one of them we call Super Broody. Every 6 to 8 weeks she has gone broody since February. We would like $65 for the group. Out of 100 hatched from this group we have kept 10 that have really great toe spacing.
    The roo
    [​IMG]
    Girls, the one on the left (Gonzo) is still molting and is his favorite so she looks really ratty at the moment
    [​IMG]
    Super Broody, off the 'nest' for treats
    [​IMG]
    First time this year broody, we call her Cranky
    [​IMG]

And our pick of the offspring, all have GREAT toe spacing but have either not feathered out the way hubby wants or the toe feathering isn't as good as he wants.
    Cockerel, non bearded, hatched April 10th, toe feathering and spacing is really good with him but we want a black cockerel instead $15
    [​IMG]
    Sex unknown, hatched May 24th, coloring kinda dark for a splash, toe spacing and feathering are really nice (just pecked into treats, nasty beak!) $10
    [​IMG]
    One of 2 others that we are for sure going to be parting with, sex unknown, they look identical, blue, not the best toe feathering but otherwise really nice, hatched May 24th (10)
    [​IMG]

If you want to take all the silkies.... $100
    There may be more we decide to add to the silkie group, I have to wait on hubby to pick and choose what he will be keeping of his babies.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Are you the famous K-D SILKIES? [​IMG]

3. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Not that I'm aware of [​IMG] Hubby just started in them last year, it was supposed to be his hobby [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by