1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Flock stolen-may be in Barrington nh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 4peeps, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4peeps

4peeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2008
    maine
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That is awful!!! What have the police said about it?

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:That's right, tell us the police have been notified, and the name of the man given to them. That is ridiculous!

4. barney

barney Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Buckley, Washington
    Good grief! So Sorry this has happened to you and your family. I hope this man has been reported to the police, and he is punished. Can you get a former neighbor or a relative to nag the wits out of the man and keep the police posted?
    Good luck recovering your birds. :aww Barney aka Chris

Quote:

5. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Get a list of the birds and what they're worth and sue him in small claims court. If he took money to transport those birds then he took responsibility for them. Get a judgement against him, then I bet they will mysteriously find their way back to your home....

6. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I can't believe how low people will get-that's awful!

7. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I agree with what coffeelady said. Sue the delivery person for the delivery fee and for every single missing bird(and the profit you could be making off of them).

I've heard that farmer's can sue people for dead cows and every calf that is could have produced.

I say you get up with a lawyer. Sue the delivery person for every bird, and all the money you could have made off of each hen's egg. I would be willing to bet that the birds would either show up or you would have plenty of money to replace them all.

-Wolf

8. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    What was the delivery man's name?

You may be surprised, we have such a large group, someone may know of him and provide information on him or this "lady" that mysteriously received almost 40 birds overnight.

-Kim

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh that is absolutely horrible. I would sue that Snake and in the lawsuit, the Judge can make him give her up or sit in jail until he does.

someone knows something...Have you put ads in the newspaper in NH? If not, do so and offer a reward for information leading to this woman.

[​IMG]

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

WOW I would be on that phone to police right away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by