Flock

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by worms7, Aug 30, 2016.

1. worms7

worms7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2015
    england
    Is there a game bird hen that can go in a flock as i want a broody bird & like the look of game
    cheers Phil

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    most of my flocks always had at least a few game hens, they did ok. they were sorta bossy and were usually on the top of the pecking order when in a mixed flock. the oriental games were much nicer and calmer to me compared to games of other class. the american games i had in the past were alert, bossy, and extremely flighty. they were a nervous wreck but not as much as leghorns. with that said i still recommend getting them but there are other broody non game options too. maybe if you're into american games but not the aggression then you can probably get some longtail breeds, many resembles games and supposedly they are also good mothers.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  3. worms7

worms7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2015
    england
    Are gamefowl hens none aggressive
    cheers Phil

4. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    some of them will probably be ok but different breeders have different stories. most of mine were fierce, independent and bossy. i wouldn't say extremely aggressive but they did stand their ground

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by