Flocking

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Clifford Odel, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Clifford Odel

Clifford Odel Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    Clean out day

[​IMG]

Finally got the door cut and ladder put on. Started the run too.

[​IMG]

Got some paint on the coop and finished out the run. Put a piece of roofing metal over the run for shade and protection.

[​IMG]

Well, the picture should speak for itself. But just in case. The chicks got moved to the nest box to give them some space. It got cold their first night out. So we southern engineered some insulation on the exterior until the weather warms up.

[​IMG]

Here's where we separated the chicks from the teenagers in the coop. We left the top just wire and screen door so they could get some heat.

[​IMG]

Here are the little Ameracuanas.

[​IMG]

Here's an inside shot of the door. Prolly should have ran the rails up a little further initially but I scabbed on with some 1 x sticks. Ended up having to tack on a piece of 2x4 for some weight.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the door open. I put and eye screw in the middle and ran a rope up through another and drilled a hole in the wall to access it from the outside. It stays up with a hanger screw on the outside. Just pull the rope and hook it. This will do until we can get the almighty automatic door opener.

[​IMG]

You can see the yellow rope coming down and hooking on the front left of the coop.

[​IMG]

Here's the keets. One is carrying on the old college tradition of passing out in the food bowl. So proud.

[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with the chicks, that is an interesting way of integrating them.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Very nice!! Your chicks will have a very nice home!

Welcome to BYC!

4. Clifford Odel

Clifford Odel Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    Thanks! The next step will be a hole allowing them access into the main coop with some branches around it for them to run into for cover.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well done.

6. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope Premium Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    [​IMG] Hello and [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member