1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Flockster to be in Taylorsville Kentucky

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Marandakay, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Marandakay

Marandakay New Egg

Oct 8, 2013
    Taylorsville Kentucky
    I'm hoping to get my "herd" of chickens and ducks started as quickly as possible (I'm impatient) but I'm having a power struggle with my DH. He controls the assets and I control the knowledge. I finally convinced him to acquiesce not waiting for spring (why on earth does it matter what time of year anyway!). I saw on craigslist someone wanting to sell 5 hens, 1 rooster, and the chicken houses. It was posted over a month ago saying that pics would become available when they had time to clean up a bit. After texting I got the same response...It's almost been a week. So...why on earth post it on craigslist in the first place if you're going to sit on your hands forever. Anyway, my conundrum is now coming up with about the same offer to convince my DH to get the ball rolling. I can't wait to get started...no, really, I can't wait.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Good luck in your chicken quest. Craigslist is bad about that, you could just offer to just come get the birds/coops off their hands before winter. Would guess the hens have probably stopped or slowed down on laying anyhow and they will want to move them.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Best of luck with your new venture! Once your DH tasted some fresh eggs from your own hens and seen for himself how much fun they are he's going to be the one bringing home chickens ;-)

5. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC! :~D

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

7. ktgouge

ktgouge Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2013
    Lovely East Texas
    Welcome! [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] Happy you joined!

9. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve.:frow

10. Marandakay

Marandakay New Egg

Oct 8, 2013
    Taylorsville Kentucky
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to find some nice plans on a DIY deep litter coop. Neither my DH or I have experience in building but maybe we can enlist (or bribe with eggs) someone to help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by