Flooding--Western WA And Oregon!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DoctorGoose, Dec 4, 2007.

1. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Hi y'all--not sure if you've heard on the news or not, but the west coast of WA is pretty much flooded. My own hometown of Woodinville is underwater (thankfully my house is not!)

But please keep your thoughts and prayers with Silkiechicken, Barg, and myself--and all our other Western WA and Oregon members

http://www.komotv.com/home/video/12098521.html?video=pop&t=a

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Thanks! Yeah, our drive way has filled up with water, but luckily, we're high up so not as bad as places like snohomish.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Be safe you guys!
    One of my ducks followed me to the mailbox today and he had fun playing in a HUGE puddle in the road. I had to wait for him to finish.
    How embarrassing. LOL

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    We have had a ton of rain here today with more forecast tomorrow. My whole driveway is spongee when you walk on it. We had 8 inches of snow just before that rolled in. I really hope the temperature doesn't take a quick drop.

5. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Yep, they got drenched. The east side of the state got mostly snow, then all day yesterday it rained. All night the snow melted so it's going to be pretty wet for a while. Spent an hour plowing the driveway Saturday for it all to melt on monday. Hahaha.

6. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I'm so glad y'all are doing ok! But we also have several members in Oregon, Chickchair for one, and I wonder how they're all doing.

Oregon please check in!!

[​IMG]

7. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Hehe--I posted this, and then I looked at the national news, instead of just our local news! Yes! Oregon got blasted fairly well! How are our Oregonians (we know Terrielacy had her duck swim with her to the mailbox, lol!)

8. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I cant believe how hard places got hit. I hope everyone around here is doing ok (byc members). All those peoples homes. It is just so sad. [​IMG] Luckly me and my family missed all the flooding.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2007
  9. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Oregon here. We faired ok, some roads flooded, but nothing too bad where I am, since I live at the top of a hill (that isn't steep enough for a landslide).

Thank goodness it wasn't snow!

10. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    We are all OK here...just lots of trees down around here from the wicked winds. I had a huge branch balanced on my bird netting and the run fence, the netting was half way to the ground but I got the sucker off by golly! now it's just sitting in my yard waiting for me to find a chain saw somewhere...I'm sure a neighbor will have one. I'm thankful we moved here, it's much higher ground then when I lived by the river in Gladstone....

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by