Flooring around duck pond

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mccluckers, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    I have dug a pond for my 2 ducks but I don't know what to put around it ? I have 2 options if neither of these sis suitable then they will have to be fine on mud as I can't afford to buy anything right now. First option , gravel that surrounds my house but I ca take some away and put it around the pond. May be to sharp though. [​IMG]

I also have a big pile of stone that I can use, again may be to rough. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks your input is appreciated.

2. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    I would use the big stones and then fill in with the smaller ones. That was it's easy to rinse off and won't get muddy. As long as it isn't really sharp they should be fine.

On a side note how big have the little ones gotten? Did you ever figure out what they are?

3. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Thanks so you don't think they will be to sharp, rough? It's not like it is their whole pen I guess so they can always get of it if they wanted to.
    Still haven't figured out what they are but think call x call/mallard. Will post pics in abit

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I am wondering if those might be too sharp. I use a rounded pea gravel and sand. Do you have any sand you can cover it with?

5. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    I managed to find some left over patio tiles that I lined the edge of the pond with, I think that this will probably be fine. Thanks for all your help.
    P.s I am planning to put some bamboo in the duck area good idea?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by