flooring in coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mickistoy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mickistoy

mickistoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    northern ohio
    i have been researching building a coop (new to this) and everything i am reading is saying to make everything easy to clean. so my question is this...would it be a good idea to use vinyl flooring inside or perhaps ceramic tile?

2. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    Hi-
    When we built our coop I purchased cheap vinyl linolium. It was great! We are now building coop #2 and I have already been to Home Depot and picked out some cheap stuff for the new one. They usually sell remants as well if you need a smaller piece. I am also going to use some to put up the sides of wall about 2 feet up as well so it will clean off easier. Have fun building your coop!

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Oh yes, the vinyl flooring is great! I know Home Depot sells 6 x 9 "scrap" sections for @$20. You may find it cheaper at a Habitat For Humanity store or something similar...

4. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Vinyl flooring is the way to go.

If you havn't built the coop yet, consider rolling it out and then putting the walls up....it really holds it in place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by