Flooring?

cmcgoun

Songster
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Raleigh, North Carolina
Well my chicken coop is coming along nicely Im just wondering if you should put in linoleum or just leave the plywood, what are the benefits or drawbacks of them?
wink.png

i'm not speaking from a place of experience, but logically, it seems like vinyl/lino is the way to go. it won't retain moisture and will speed clean-up immensely. i'm currently looking for an used roll of vinyl for my own coop-to-be.

I put down linoleum. It is nice when I clean it, but it also slippery and the straw and shavings slide around alot. If I were to do it again I would probably just spend the money on Marine plywood. Just my opinion.

Ray

I have read not to leave the plywood bare to at least paint it so mites cannot live in the wood. So seal it up good...I plan on painting and putting linoleum down as everyone loves the clean up of linoleum

I put linoleum in my coop and after watching all the hens, chicks etc sliding all over the place i pulled it all up and nw it is just bare wood. I was afraid the chicks would get splayed legs as they really slid terribly.

Deedee

Back
Top Bottom