Flopsy Mopsy Cats!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bigchicken2, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Songster

May 17, 2010
    This is a project to make a cat breed called a Flopsy Mopsy. Flopsy Mopsies can be any color (currently only Black and Tabby) with a large body; big ears; between short and medium length - medium length, fluffy, soft fur; cute, round face; big eyes; big, furry, snowshoe-like paws; & sweet.

PM me to join and get the code. The code is to keep non-members from communicating. Please only use the code to communicate on this thread.

Members can register their cats so they can be Flopsy Mopsies. When you join you get the Flopsy Mopsy registration form. It might not become a Flopsy Mopsy if you try to register it. Please fill the registration form using code. After you fill out the form and PM me it I will give you it's page (actually an image)

Members:
    bigchicken2

Have fun!
    - BC2

(signing off normal talk, signing on code)

2. Epona142

Epona142 Songster

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    There's a lot of breeds that exhibit these characteristics already. What is your motivation for creating a new breed of cat? What plans have you put into place to promote responsible creation of a new breed? What niche will this breed fill?

3. CarrieW

CarrieW Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    Durango, CO
    There is a breed like this already, it's called a Ragdoll.

4. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    im a little confused about the purpose of this breed to there are already scotish folds the have somewhat floppy ears

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

6. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Songster

May 17, 2010
    Not a standardized breed. They don't have floppy ears. Their fur isn't as long as Ragdolls. They aren't ANY of these breeds and probably aren't very related either. They came from some mutt cats that came to my house. [​IMG] They look kinda like the kitten in the front. That isn't my picture.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Sooo.. they're just domestic long hair cats then?
    I'm confused.. [​IMG]

8. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Songster

May 17, 2010
    Quote:No. They have shorter hair than that but longer than short. That's the closest pic I could find. (I don't have a cam right now)

9. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Please do some research into the extreme numbers of perfectly-healthy perfectly-adoptable good-temperament cats being killed daily in shelters due to MASSIVE cat overpopulation relative to number of available homes. More misc.-bred kittens just for the fun of it is SO not something this world needs.

Pat

10. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    im so confused with this [​IMG] can u show us pictures or somthing how your describeing this sonds like any cat can be a flopsy mopsy ?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by