Florence Oregon Chicken/poultry laws

Sunny the Hippie Chick

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Brookings Oregon
My hubby might be getting transfered to Florence.. I was wondering if any one knows the laws about chickens there.. Ive searched the internet and this site.. Cant seem to find any thing about it.. Any information or websites I can read..

I did find a site that gave the city boundrys.. A lot of the town is not in the city area marked.. The rest of the town is considered Urban growth boundry.. Does that mean it is in the city limits to. Or is it still outside of actual city limits.. I dont understand this stuff yet, but learning...
hu.gif

Thank you every one..

Sunny

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are within the City limits, then the town ordnance will apply to you. The urban growth boundary is not the city limit. If you are outside the City limit, then the county ordnances will apply to you.

If you can't find anything online, your next step is to contact the extension office in that county.

Hello! I don't live near there but had a few thoughts.

Florence is in Lane County. Are you renting or buying? As said above, The zoning of the land that you are living on will probably be the most important (if outside the city limits - which do not include all of the growth boundary). Lane County is quite liberal because of Eugene - and liberal does not mean what it used to.

http://www.lanecounty.org
has links to pdfs about county zoning - not very well organized, so it would take some searching

Best of luck!

Thank you Verboten.. The sites are helpful.. Ive searched the Florence website and have so far found nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Still searching for Florence Oregon Chicken owners..

Back
Top Bottom