1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Southern Chickens, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Southern Chickens

Southern Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    OK, I started this thread very long ago. I that I was feeling guilty that Texas has it better together than us. I set up this map so that everyone can place where they are located.

The Back Yard Chicken map
    http://www.frappr.com/byc
    The Back Yard Chicken Florida map
    http://platial.com/mapv/FLORIDA+BYC+MEMBERS/614891

Please put yourself on the maps. I will look into better ways to get us organized. Thanks everyone.

Southern Chickens
    Does anyone know of anything going on in the sunshine state?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. ebbtide

ebbtide Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2007
    Florida
    I never see anything going on here with poultry. [​IMG]

3. Southern Chickens

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    I know, NEVER!!
    I found a small auction near me that sells chickens like once a month. I plan on entering some chickens in the State fair next year. Other than that I know of nothing.

4. chickengirl

chickengirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2007
    Florida
    I am from Florida and i always am goin to shows i show at the state fair they had a bushnell show on dec 9 which they have every year they had a lake city show every year that i show at which is in january then in feb they have the stae fair and in feb also sine im in 4-H i show at the southeastern youth fair but that is if you are in 4-H or FFA but next show that comes up in Florida i will let yall know im alwyas going to these shows !!!!

p.s. where are yall from im from ocala, marion county

5. Southern Chickens

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    Hernando County, Brooksville, Spring Hill

6. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Not from Fl. but Al. I went to the show in Lake City in Jan. If you subscribe to Poultry Press which you can do online, they list shows that are being held in each State Sponsered by the Poultry Clubs and Associaations. I have seen several for Florida in there in the past.

7. sueward

sueward New Egg

Mar 15, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    i'm searching for some silkies in Marion County, FL. When we moved my husband re-built my coop and run and something got at my girls! [​IMG]

I'm in Ocala and having no luck finding either some started hens or even chicks

8. sueward

sueward New Egg

Mar 15, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    Hi Amanda

I've mailed you off list... thanks for your speedy reply! I was beginning to feel like I'd never find new birds.

Sue

9. ebbtide

ebbtide Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2007
    Florida
    Hey im not far from you! I'm just down the road in Williston. Very kewl to find someone on here thats in range. I'm also interested in some local shows or poultry auctions.

I'm in desperate need for a blue slate turkey (hen) that was recently killed by coons. My Tom is very lonely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by