Florida Chick! Chicks hatched!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by horsechick, Apr 19, 2008.

1. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    Just a note to let you know we got chickies!!
    They are ADORABLE!
    Big, fat, poof balls!
    My daughter even commented on their legs and how much feather they have on them compared to every other baby we've had so far. She said "why do they have so much?! They have way more than any others?!" I just told her better chicks!
    We LOVE them, and they seem so much more friendly and docile.
    You just want to carry them around in your pocket all day!!

Thanks!!
    Will try to get pics up soon.
    One is very blue even now, gorgeous! it looks like a steel wool pad!

Take care!
    Thank you,
    Angela

2. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    YIPPEE! Thank you so much for letting me know. Hatching is so much fun. I LOVE the Cochins! They are adorable, we breed specific ones to get the extra heavy feathering. Please post pics if you get a chance. [​IMG] If anyone wants eggs I will have 2 sets more available for monday. Here is my favorite chick this time around... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ksohmc/DSCN1105_265.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  3. Florida chick

Jan 19, 2008
    ;)OOPs I forgot to say THank you ANgela that was so nice of you! I am dying to see your pics.

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Congrats on your new brood!

5. kaylakala

kaylakala Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Melbourne Florida
    How exciting!

Congrats!

6. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    hey got any chicks for sale i am in north fla not to far from u thanks

7. Florida chick

Jan 19, 2008
    Sorry I am clear sold out and now have a waiting list. The next 3 weeks of eggs are prebought. No chicks left either. Would you like me to add you to the egg list? thanks Kari;)

8. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Florida chicks!!! I just got through my hatch with your buff orpingtons and cochins! I had major problems with my incubator for the first week of incubation which seemed to affect the buff orpingtons and welsummers but your cochins just popped out of the shell with much vigor! We LOVE them!! I am going to try and get some really good shots with my good camera soon, but I do have some poor quality pics on a threads about the colours in 'What breed or gender is this' . I would love to hear from you which colours we have hatched since I have not had chicks from these before! Some are almost entirely black and I am guessing these will be black as adults. Then we have some with dark backs but white bellies and the end of their wings and their legs are white. (and I have to say some of them seem to be extra fluffy on the legs) I get all choked up - they are so beautiful!

9. Florida chick

Jan 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by