Florida COLD

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Jay Bee, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    North Florida
    Good morning: Cold here in N. Fl. 20f. at 7 am. Every thing is frozen solid. Hope it will be warmer for the Lake City show on Sat. My chicken houses are wrapped up like blue Christmas presents. Just finished thawing out the waterers. JB

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Fun, oh isnt it , having to thaw the waterers out....... we had an inch of ice on all buckets,pools............and dishes yesterday, had to chip it clear a few times yesterday.... someday I will get warmers........ I didnt know northern florida got that cold.........everywhere seems colder this year! My own well froze up yesterday UGH

3. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Its ONE DEGREE here this morning! I don't wanna go outside..........brrrrr

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    It's 18* here this morning.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    We're 16, but 2 with windchill......

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    It's 18 here,I've done the frozen water thing aready this morning and the girl were not amused.

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    north florida here, "jennings " but i just went ouside and broke everybody ice water buckets, my mom told my brother to unhook my water hose and he dint so now its all frozen solid.

8. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    3 degrees here with windchill. amazingly, the coop is 40 degrees with just one 125 watt ceramic heat lamp. can't beat that with a stick.
    JJ

9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    North Florida
    Surprisingly, It doe's go in to the teens in parts of Fl. , but I just checked the south side of the house and its 59f. so it does warm up rather quickly. I would rather deal with the few days of cold that we have, rather then the weeks of cold you have in the mid west and north. Keep your animals warm. JB

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Gosh! It's so cold everywhere. I grew up in NW Fla. I talked to one of my friend's that lives there last night and she was telling me how cold it was there. She says she has every blanket she has ever owned up on all her house windows to keep the drafts down and she is freezing.

It's cold here to. Was 10* at 7am, but the last I checked it had warmed to 17*. I hate dealing with the frozen water. I didn't even bother putting it in the run today.....I hope the little piggies will be smart enough to go into the coop to drink. They are so spoiled with having food & water in the coop and run.

Everyone try to stay warm,
    Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by