Florida Coop Question

Dsyna78

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 30, 2013
Hi everyone, can anyone give me some advice on this coop by Precision Pets?

http://www.precisionpet.com/detail.aspx?ID=200

I recently got 3 adorable chicks that are a week old. I live in Florida so I plan on adding ventilation to any pre-fab coop I buy. I'm not tool savvy so building it myself isn't a viable option. I'm thinking a slightly modified pre-fab coop is going to be the way to go for my budget.

-Dayna

Looks nice. I don't know how many chickens you want, it'll hold at least 6-8. Just make sure that if that's chicken wire surrounding it that you replace it with hardwire cloth instead. Chicken wire won't protect your birds at all.

If it wasn't for me planning my own 12' x 40" house and 10' x 40" attached run, this one would fit the bill; it's nice! How much are they selling for, may I ask? Have fun!!

I went with a Precision Pet coop like that and it was WAY too small - even with an added run - for 4 chickens. So, I built a new one and that will now be my quarantine coop.

From prior posts, generally these pre-made coops are never as big as they look in the pictures. But it is nice looking coop and looks like it can handle 3 chickens. It should cost at least 500.00. There are lots of posts from dissatisfied folks who buy the 200-300 dollar coops that fall apart in a couple months. Make sure they use hardware cloth and not chicken or poultry wire.

Looks nice. I don't know how many chickens you want, it'll hold at least 6-8. Just make sure that if that's chicken wire surrounding it that you replace it with hardwire cloth instead. Chicken wire won't protect your birds at all.
Are you kidding??

copied from link, under specifications tab....
Extreme Hen House Coop:
2926-29136

Outside Dimension

111.2L x 39.8W x 41.1H in.

Those are the over all dimensions, and they add a disclaimer '* Dimensions may vary slightly'.
The coop itself looks to be about 3' x 3'.
Not big enough for more than 2 chickens.

LOL... they call it the 'Extreme Hen House'....yah, it's extremely small!

OP if you're not tool savvy, then how can you modify it?

I didn't say I would modify it.
My husband would be able to modify an existing structure but I don't think he could build it from scratch.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I'll start looking at plans and maybe find someone on Craigslist that can build it. :)

Back
Top Bottom