Florida Garage too hot??? Chicken coop plans for dummies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttercupnectar

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Hello

I have 9 buff orps and 3 RR's. I live in florida and I have them in a Great Dane dog kennel right now at 4 weeks old. I moved them out into the garage because I could not stand the chicken smell in my house any longer. Anyway, it is already in the low 90's here and they seem to be doing fine with a box fan blowing on them 24/7 and the garage door propped open during the day about 4-6 inches. However, today I noticed one of my reds falling a lot and the other chicks were beating up on it. I removed it and put the runt chick with him in a large guinea pig cage and they both now seem perfectly fine. Is the heat starting to get to them? I have to start their coop this weekend with their run, but it make take me a week since I am a very beginner woodworker. Any suggestions?? Anyone have chicken coop plans for dummies??? I am going to move 12 of them to a farm and keep just 3 hens for myself and I cannot have a 6 foot tall coop because I am trying to keep them a secret in my deed restricted community. Anyone with plans I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Wow, quite a lot of requirements! I read what seemed a good idea, make sure the fan is only on part of the run, that way they can choose the place that works best, in, far away.

Hidden chickens - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom