~~ Florida ~ Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin Pairs & ROOSTER~~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Happy Chicken Mama, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Hello Back Yard Chicken Lovers!

I have two millie fleur bantam cochin pairs available (+ one rooster... rooster no. 3) They are 17 weeks old. We thought we would post pictures to see if anyone in the BYC family was interested in these little dears. The mille fleur patters is a project color and a work in progress. Most mille fleur cochins will get more and more coloring each time they molt.

They are only four months old and have a lot of filling out to do. We would love to keep them for a couple months more to see how they fill out but for now the crowing is a bit too much to handle. Nothing brings the chicken police to your door quicker than a million Roosters a crowin'. They were all born on May 21st. If anyone is interested in more pictures or other information just shoot me a PM or email.

We, of course, would prefer local pick-up but if someone is truly interested we will ship. $15 for box & veggies + actual shipping.

They have been used to free ranging during the day and we hope for them to go to a loving home that can provide them with L.O.T.S of room to roam. They have such great temperaments and are a joy to watch!

~THANKS!~

Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam Pairs. Please PM or email for pricing or more pictures.

Rooster No. 1 goes with darker hen... Rooster no. 2 goes with lighter hen.

Roosters can be sold alone but hens ONLY in pairs... will make you a great deal if you want more than one pair!

Can ship Tuesday (September 21st) or Wednesday (September 22nd). These are the last birds for this year...

Rooster No. 1 ~~SOLD~~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rooster No. 2 ~~SOLD~~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rooster No. 3 ~~NOT SOLD YET~~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HENS... (lighter & darker) ~~SOLD~~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. corball

corball Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    WOW those birds are absolutely beautiful you have gotten me hooked on them [​IMG] you have some gorgeous looking birds:lol:

3. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    are you selling any eggs? I cant afford to buy and ship a pair but would love to have some

4. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Thanks Corball!

You are so close in Orlando... close enought to come get a few to have as your own!

Gotta' love bantam cochins... they are just the sweetest.

We should have eggs and chicks soon. I am going to hatch everything that they lay for a month or two and then my husband will have enough and I will have to sell some eggs.[​IMG]

5. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    How much are you asking for them?

Wanda

6. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are absolutely gorgeous birds, the last photo (of the lighter and darker ones) look very much like our Rocky and Bullwinkle (hens), so very pretty... I tell ya if I didn't have a very expensive guitar and amp deal working I'd almost DRIVE down to buy those. And I just swore to my wife that we were done for the season...

Oh my you have some very nice birds

7. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Hey Wanda... I PM'd you![​IMG]

Oh that is too funny... what kind of guitar and amp???

My husband just bought a very expensive convertible... in Texas... I told him that would be a great opportunity to pick up some silkies on the way home... in his new convertible mind you. AND HE SAID YES! So we just got home Monday from driving halfway across the country with 4 new silkies in our backseat! What we'll do for the love of our birds!

By the way silkies L.O.V.E convertibles! [​IMG] wind in their hair and all...

8. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    pm'd you back

9. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The amp is a boutique amp made by Andy Fuchs, he's up near Newark so it's not far - a kid on eBay had it for sale and I made him a time payment offer after it did not sell the 3rd time, it's the Economy you know... Anyway he delivers it tomorrow. He took it to Andy Fuchs shop Monday to get it all tuned up and Andy extended the warranty a year for me.

The guitar is a gorgeous prototype of a Eastman 810 archtop - amazing wood, I'll attach a photo of that... Same deal, time payments: it won't be until sometime in November when I collect the guitar (that's ok, I'm patient. NOT !!! LOL). I'm tickled silly as I sold just bout all my gear a couple years ago to finance my cross country move to be with my bride, Nan (of BigMike&Nan).

Sorry for the threadjack, here's a picture of the guitar,

[​IMG]

followed by a picture of Rocky and Bullwinkle, our millie fleur bantam cochins, taken about 3 weeks ago... Can't believe how sweet and friendly they are (and we're an all bantam cochin/bantam frizzle show here). The photo doesn't show Rocky (the lighter one) at her best, she's got great markings all over - she's really deveolped too since this photo.
    [​IMG]

10. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    That is one most amazing guitar! My mother is a guitaristÂ… it looks like a dusey!

Thanks for sharing. Nan is a luck lady (sounds like you like her or something [​IMG])!

Luuuuuuucky!

I think that ours are related to your rocky and bullwinkle.

You look like you have a little piece of chicken heaven there in Jersey!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by