Florida Poultry Swap & Farmers Market Dec 10, 2011 9am Ocala

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by ThePamperedPullet, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Welcome folks. We invite you to join us for another great event. Our past swaps have been getting bigger and bigger and now we are changing just a bit to add in a farmers market so as to draw in even more people for both buying and selling. There is lots of room for set up and plenty of room for parking. We are in the midst of the holiday season and the weather tends to cooperate this time of year. So bring your wares and/or your poultry and small livestock and help us make this a great day of buying and selling. Plus it's safer than shopping at the mall!

Post what you will be bringing and we will make a master list here on this post

ThePamperedPullet New Poultry Products and Supplies, Various chicks (Barred Rock, Delaware, RIR's, Buff Orpingtons), maybe a few older birds, pet and breeder quality bunnies
    cmom Wire Cages, Maybe some chicks
    AT Hagan 4 Midget White Turkey Hens, Standard Bronze Turkey Tom
    FlChickie lots of ducks, Pekin, Muscovy and hopefully some runners and SQ cayuga ducklings
    Alpha Chick 1 EE that lays green eggs, 1 EE laying light brown eggs, a couple of wyandottes (laced grey and laced red), 2 Australorps, Barred Rock and a beautiful Brahma
    anderson8505 giving away two mixed game birds
    Freckle Face Farm split lavender silkie chicks and bantam cochins chicks, and silkie chicks

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I'll be attending and bringing lots of ducks, Pekin, Muscovy and hopefully some runners and SQ cayuga ducklings that are hatching next week. Also have some laying hens mostly RIR/Red star and mixes.
    Looking to buy some mottled or splash bantam cochins, got some at the last swap and need some more.

3. Alpha Chick

Alpha Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    St Pete, FL
    I am hoping to be able to get up there next week. We have 9 year old girls that we would like to find new homes for. 1 EE that lays green eggs, 1 EE laying light brown eggs, a couple of wyandottes (laced grey and laced red), 2 Australorps, Barred Rock and a beautiful Brahma. I hate to get rid of them, since they were my first flock. The Brahma is beautiful and named Lady because she is so sweet. I just need to make room for the next group of girls who will be able to fill my egg orders. I will also be looking for pullets, maybe Orps.

See you next weekend. Jeni

4. Allegedly

Allegedly New Egg

Sep 13, 2011
    I will most likely be attending this swap. I'm looking for Delawares or Silver Laced Wyandottes. Either a trio or 3 hens, preferably just feathering out. I'm not set up for chicks but I don't want hens of laying age just yet. Hopefully someone will have a few they are willing to part with! [​IMG]

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Oh, so tempting..... !!!

I will be attending and giving away two mixed game birds. I'd say they were hatched in late summer.

Cockerel--orange/black with feathered feet
    [​IMG]

Pullet, not laying yet- black iridescent
    [​IMG]

These were an impulse buy at a swap, and game birds just don't suit my fancy. They're sweet and the cockerel has just begun to crow.
    [​IMG]

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    There is a chance that I won't be able to make this one and I won't know for sure until sometime on Friday.

If I can make it I'll have four Midget White turkey hens available. Three are young proven breeders. The fourth will come into lay next spring.

I'll also have a Standard Bronze tom turkey hatched last spring and ready to report for whatever you need him for!

These are the last turkeys I will have available before next year's hatching so get them while you can!

If I can't make this one I'll be at the one at Eric's Winter Wonderland swap a week later.

7. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I'm in [​IMG] I have split lavender silkie chicks and bantam cochins chicks avalible..
    Here's one of the cochin mommies [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some of the silkie chicks [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    Quote:How many cochin babies do you have? I would love to get 6 from you. Are they all mottled?

9. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:How many cochin babies do you have? I would love to get 6 from you. Are they all mottled?

I have 12 chicks and yes the are all mottled [​IMG]

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Can't find the map to JJ tack for saturday. Help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by