Flower Power, winter has been to long crochet swap, closes March 10

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kassaundra, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta

Crochet Granny "Square" Swap ~

Theme: Flowers, any kind any color, either 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional

Important info: The flower portion of the square can be any color and any flower, but all non flower portions of the square must be green. The green can be any color or shade of green you like. This swap is for 6 inch squares, however if you fall in love w/ a flower pattern that will not fit in the 6 inch square you can do 12 inch squares, but if you do there is no garauntee you will get the same amount of 12 inchers back. If you are overwhelmed by the idea of crocheting flowers you can crochet an all green square. Pick your favorite(s) colors then go on-line to your favorite pattern site (I like this site http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com but there are lots of sites out there), pick a pattern or two (or more) and start crocheting! Don't forget to check in with us once you sign up to let us know how you're doing. [​IMG]

Size: 6" squares (6"x6")
    Pattern: Any Pattern (As long as the finished squares measure 6")

Yarn: Acrylic worsted weight (4), if doing a 3D flower the granny (green) background needs to be #4 worsted weight, but the flower portion can be any yarn you like.
    Colors: Any flower color you like, all non flower portions must be green, and can be any shade of green you like.

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap!

Dates: LAST DAY to sign up is Sunday March 10th, 2013

Completion Deadline: Monday April 8, 2013 ~ All Squares must be complete and ready to mail!!! When finished pm me and I will pm back my address.

When packaging your blocks make sure to include return postage. Send them in the most economical way no need for expensive priority mail. Include the full number of blocks for the number of swappers we end w/, I will divide them and make sure everyone gets blocks from everyone else. Also be sure and bag each block separately in it's own plastic baggie for easy separation and to protect them from the potential perils of the USPS.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  2. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    PARTICIPANTS

1. Kassaundra

2. Smkchick

3. Alethea

4. Crosbygroup

5. Greenfamilyfarms

6. Judy (my MIL not on BYC)

7. Grannysroost

8. Chiramc

9. Littlecritters

10. Nova022

11. Carebearsmiles

12. Donna

13. Rosie

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. smkchick

smkchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2011
    Lawnguyland
    [​IMG]

Count me in!!

4. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Awesome!

5. crosbygroup

crosbygroup Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello,
    Great idea!
    I understand that you want acrylic, green worsted weight for the backgrounds. Do the flowers need to be 100% acrylic as well? I've read it several times and now, I'm just confusing myself more and more (not uncommon). [​IMG]

6. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Count me in. Do you know the largest flower in the world is six feet in diameter, black, smells like excrement and is pollinated by flies? Just asking. If we don't want black flowers, that's fine.

7. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    LOL yes I did know that and it takes many many years to bloom. We have one at a local (2hr drive) botanical garden, this past year they closed for the whole year for a big remodle (12 mill dollar) anyway that is the year that silly flower decided to bloom!!!!

Welcome aboard

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Yes that is correct use the regular worsted weight # 4 for the green portion of the square, but the flower can be any yarn you like. (a lot of the flower patterns for 3D flowers call for a thinner weight yarn, or if you want to get a look or texture in your flower the fancy yarns may work better for your flower all that is acceptable as long as the block itself (green portion) is worsted weight #4 yarn)

Are you in???

9. crosbygroup

crosbygroup Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, I think I'll give it a go. Please add me in.

10. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Awesome, welcome aboard!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by