Flowers overtaking my little coop!

tasymo

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Mulliken
Yes, beautifying your coop with flowers is possible! Once they get established, watch out!
2jcj7rq.jpg

That is so pretty.
love.gif
I just love it!
I like the little picket fence - just adds to effect so daintily.

Thanks everyone! The sunflowers reseed themselves, year after year. I don't cut them down until the following Spring, so the birds eat the seeds all Winter and always drop a few so they get started early. I mostly have Perennials- Echinaciea, Coryopsis, Malva, Asters, Clematis, Pink Campion and Yarrow to name a few. Also alot of stuff from seed- Black eyed Susans, Cosmos, Zinnias, Batchelor Buttons, Calendula and Wallflowers. I think the secret is mass planting. There is so much that my Six Girls can only do so much damage. They really prefer scratching for bugs in the mulch, or eating grass in the lawn to eating my flowers when I let them out.

Beautiful!!! I love it! That was my main goal for my yard this year-to plant up around the coop. I put in a bunch of fruit trees and rose of sharon around coop for future shade and put in lots of perennial beds. Hope mine looks 1/2 as good as yours in a couple years! Must add sunflowers on my list for next year! Thanks so much for posting pics.

Back
Top Bottom