Flu season 2010-11

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Let the decision making begin.

My doc is already offering this years vaccination. Does anyone have any info on this year's vaccine? Is it better/safer than last years since it isnt so 'rushed'? The one being offered here is H1N1 and Seasonal in the same vial.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I've already had H1N1...second time around can't be any worse. I WILL be getting the seasonal this year.

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    From the Weston A. Price Foundation
    SOME FACTS ABOUT FLU VACCINES
    Swine flu is in the news these days, and rumors are swirling. Is the flu a dangerous threat, an artifact of biased reporting, the result of laboratory manipulation to create a bioweapon, or simply the illness that occurs when people are exposed to pollution and toxins? No answers are forthcoming, but we do have some hard facts that should make people pause before they line up to get a flu shot: the flu vaccine does not work, and it contains dangerous, potentially life-threatening additives. A review of fifty-one separate studies published in 2006 concluded that flu vaccines worked no better than a placebo in 260,000 children ranging in age from six to twenty-three months. A report published in 2008 found flu vaccines in young children made no difference in the number of flu-related doctor and hospital visits. They are equally useless for adults, giving little or no protection against infection and pneumonia. And two recent studies show that children receiving a flu vaccine had an increased risk of severe asthma attacks. The additives in flu vaccines include mercury (in thimerosol, used in multi-dose vials), aluminum hydroxide (a neuro-toxin), formaldehyde, MSG (used in the growth medium) and various other adjuvants, including squalene (which when injected into animals renders them crippled and paralyzed). In early trials, the vaccine has caused animal deaths in the Czech Republic and human deaths in Poland. The 1976 swine flu vaccine caused 25 deaths and 500 permanent injuries in a pandemic that never materialized. (For an excellent review, see the report prepared by Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and Professor Joe Cummins at www.i-sis.org.uk/fastTrackSwineFluVaccineUnderFire. php.) Nevertheless, health officials throughout the world are pushing forward with mass vaccination plans aimed at health workers, pregnant women and children six months and older. The vaccines are mandatory in Greece and possibly mandatory in the UK and in some U.S. States. Our advice: just say no! (If you need a religious exemption, see www.cuwisdom.org/membersh.php.) Meanwhile, be sure to build up your natural immunity to pathogens and toxins by following the principles of a nutrient-dense diet that includes cod liver oil, animal fats and organ meats, bone broths and coconut oil.

REFERENCES AND CORRECTION ABOUT FLU VACCINES
    Several astute readers have asked for references about statements on flu vaccines (Fall, 2009, page 15). The Cochrane review of fifty-one studies published in 2006 can be found at http://mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD004879/pdf_fs.html. We erred in stating that the flu vaccines worked no better than a placebo for all 260,000 children. The flu vaccines worked no better than a placebo only for children under the age of two. The 2008 report which found that flu vaccines in young children made no difference in the number of flu-related doctor and hospital visits was published in Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (2008, 162, 943-51, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18838647). A more recent study found that children who had received the flu vaccine had three times the risk of hospitalization compared to children who had not received the vaccine (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090519172045.htm).

You couldn't pay me enough money to inject that poison into my body, or my childrens for that matter. I'll take care of my health, build up my own natural immune system.

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'll get my flu shot, just like I have for the last several years. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure (although both are well controlled), and I have two young kids in school. I have no problems putting "that poison" in my body. I had the flu 11 years ago when I didn't get a vaccine, and it took me two full weeks to even feel human again. No thanks, I don't want to go through that again.

Now, break out the popcorn, we may need it for this thread [​IMG]

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Nope, never had one. Have only had the flu once, over 20 years ago. My kids, 21 and 15, have never had the flu. My parents get the shot every year and every year they b*tch cause I dont get one. Knock on wood, we've never regretted it at my house.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I would love to humbly point out that this has been hashed over and over and over.. And I believe the whole thing (POISON) is a load of bunk. In that one vaccination yes there is trace amounts of Mercury, MSG, formaldehyde etc .. (don't know what the aluminum one is) but those are naturally occurring chemicals that you REGULARLY have in your body... they will not poison you in those amounts. I mean, MSG is a food preservative for Pete's sake! Every time you eat Chinese food you ingest LOTS of msg.

Lets use a simple example. Alcohol is a poison. Yup. In small amounts the body processes it, cleans it out of your system and you are fine. Take too much poison at once? Your organs shut down, you forget to breath/choke to death on your vomit/go into a coma/or just plain die. Cigarettes?

Moderation -- That is what I am getting at. The small doses that comes in those injections for a flu vaccination? Won't kill ya.

If the vaccines didn't work, why do we produce them and give them away all over the world? If they didn't work somebody woulda done something about it.

Now, generic question about vaccines.. I've had h1n1 already (with no vaccine involved) and it was MISERABLE. Do I need a vaccine for this year, or will my immunities cover it... Does this version of the flu mutate like the spanish flu?

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Nooooooo!!!!! We produce them because they are extremely profitable for the RX companies. If this was Polio the 2% of people who had horrible side effects may be worth it. In the case of the flu it's not.

PLEASE PEOPLE, DO THE RESEARCH. Look at all the lives that have been ruined by a vaccination they didn't need. Our bodies don't know what these vaccines are.

DON'T DO IT.

Edited to add: Boyd and I are almost always in agreement on things but this is an exception. Why put something into your body your immune system doesn't respond properly to? Why risk it? Please, research it on your own. PLEASE

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  8. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Nooooooo!!!!! We produce them because they are extremely profitable for the RX companies. If this was Polio the 2% of people who had horrible side effects may be worth it. In the case of the flu it's not.

PLEASE PEOPLE, DO THE RESEARCH. Look at all the lives that have been ruined by a vaccination they didn't need. Our bodies don't know what these vaccines are.

DON'T DO IT.

I said given away...

there is a reason meds are 1/10th the price in mexico and canada vs the good old USA... and I have access to RX's from both countries... I live on a border state, and visit another quite often.

americans and our insurance companies pay a higher premium to cover the R&D costs (yeah right, more like golf and 2-3 mistresses) and 3rd world countries get it at cost. Ever hear of the .30 shot of penicillin? Not in america.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  9. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:How many lives were saved because they figured out cow pox gives a better immune response to small pox.. Edward Jenner wasn't it?

10. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland

DON'T DO IT.

I said given away...

there is a reason meds are 1/10th the price in mexico and canada vs the good old USA... and I have access to RX's from both countries... I live on a boarder state, and visit another quite often.

americans and our insurance companies pay a higher premium to cover the R&D costs (yeah right, more like golf and 2-3 mistresses) and 3rd world countries get it at cost. Ever hear of the .30 shot of penicillin? Not in america.

There is no doubt our money is what funds most new drugs. Again, it's just another thing we agree on.

Someone needs to give me a good reason before injecting something into my body. Needles are yucky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by