Flu shot and sick as a dog...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I got my seasonal flu shot today (not H1N1) at noon. Came home and took a nap. Woke up at 4pm, feeling like crud. Fever, aches, chills. It was an inactivated form, not live.

How long will this last? I have 3 quilts on and I am shivering myself silly.... ugh

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    It usually takes a couple of hours for the zombie transformation to complete.

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:24 hours IMO ... Its how long mine lasted. But the h1n1 I got before the shots and it was 2 weeks or so for flu and bronchitis to go away.

4. Camelot Farms

Quote:Gah! I would laugh but it would hurt. whimper, whine, whimper

5. Camelot Farms

Quote:24 hours IMO ... Its how long mine lasted. But the h1n1 I got before the shots and it was 2 weeks or so for flu and bronchitis to go away.

So, I am better off with this yuckiness than the flu itself? I will try to keep that in mind while I am shivering myself to death. My teeth chattered til they hurt....

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    DH and I got our flu shots Monday, it never bothered us at all. So sorry your under the weather.

7. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Songster

Feb 23, 2009
    I refuse to get any flu shots..so many people get sick when they do. That
    just doesnt seem right to me to go get a shot that makes you sick. I hope
    you feel better soon.

8. Camelot Farms

Quote:Thank you! I have been getting the seasonal flu shot for years and never had this happen. Leave it to me to be the 'fluke' in the system... ugh!

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

So, I am better off with this yuckiness than the flu itself? I will try to keep that in mind while I am shivering myself to death. My teeth chattered til they hurt....

I think so... better to get a light dose than full blown... The shivers were the thing that drove me crazy when I had the swine flu. I about threw my back out shivering and shaking the 5th night in. I heard today that anyone with the flu at this point they are considering them to have the swine flu because the seasonal flu hasn't hit yet? [​IMG] all I know is the hospitals have been extra careful over the past 2 months.

10. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

3-5 days tops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by