Flubenvet 1% - need help feeding my girls!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by hali74, Nov 25, 2013.

1. hali74

hali74 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2013
    Hiii guys,

I've recently noticed my girls losing weight - the last three days to be precise - it's so bad that I can pinch their breast bone :/ :(

I think it might be worms so I've ordered flubenvet.

My girls don't touch their pellets :( at all! So I've been feeding them boiled white rice

They've been laying well and consistently - clean eggs..

I suspect worms but could it also be due to them not eating their pellets but just the white rice I give?

Also how should I feed them flubenvet?? Only mixed with pellets? Which il have to leave for days cos they won't touch them :( or can I mix It in with their rice they eat?

Help please! :(

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Is the feed fresh? You could try mixing the pellets with water and see if they'll eat that.

-Kathy

3. hali74

Nov 13, 2013
    Yep I'm always chucking the old pellets - water doesn't work :(...

4. Scott H

Scott H Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Twin Lakes, ID
    My Coop
    White rice doesn't have much nutrition. ... is there something else. ... grain. .. oats that they'll eat?

5. hali74

Nov 13, 2013
    I'll give them oats! Thanks

6. Scott H

Scott H Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Twin Lakes, ID
    My Coop
    Have you tried different feed like crumbles? They really need a well balanced diet. Get some BOSS for a high protein snack. Most are crazy for the BOSS.
    When you're done worming try some plain yogurt to get some healthy probiotics back in their gut.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by