Fluconazole dosing help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mandrogora, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

1. Mandrogora

Mandrogora Chirping

Jun 28, 2018
    Montana
    Hello,
    Can somebody tell me what the dosage is for Fluconazole to treat suspected sour crop? I posted about a month ago about my girl, Zircon. She has stinky sour breath. We treated her for 10 days with Miconazole suppositories by mouth and the smell went away. I made the mistake of feeding the chickens some oatmeal which seems to have made it flare back up. :( I still need to weigh her but she is almost 7 months old and recently started laying. She's laying regularly now and acting fine other wise. Eating, drinking, active and poops look normal.
    This is what I purchased:
    http://www.fishmoxfishflex.com/medi...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/l/flucon_12ct.jpg

Wyorp Rock and casportpony like this.
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Does this help?
    fluconazole_2.png ketoconazole_fluconazole_1.PNG

Wyorp Rock, Mandrogora and Eggcessive like this.
  3. Mandrogora

Mandrogora Chirping

Jun 28, 2018
    Montana
    So if she weighs 3 lbs, would 15 mg. once a day be correct? How long is it given for? 7 days? Also, do the tablets need to be dissolved or can I just split them and give a piece to her?

casportpony likes this.
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

I think it I were going to use it I would give 10 mg/kg twice a day. With one that small I would try grinding up one pill, add 10 ml of water, then give 1.4 ml of that twice a day.

100 mg pill plus 10 ml of water = 10 mg fluconazole per ml.
    3 pounds / 2.2 x 10 / 10 = 1.36 ml

Does that make sense?

Wyorp Rock, Eggcessive and Mandrogora like this.
  5. Mandrogora

Mandrogora Chirping

Jun 28, 2018
    Montana
    Yes. Thank you.

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: