My girls have done the same thing while eating scratch at the "breakfast bar" (a log with crevices).
I was wondering if I'd have to do the equivalent of the chicken Heimlich maneuver. It's reassuring to know others have observed this and their hens are no worse for wear. 👍
I'm about to make something like your breakfast bar for the chickens here.

Okay.. I’ve missed so much but apparently there is now a “mugshot Monday”? Well here’s mine... TRUMP and Lilly! I couldn’t choose...
CCB4F59B-6F0B-4285-BC31-796905981800.jpeg
EC758A90-2E8C-44B3-98A9-2F40DE976C02.jpeg

I love OK Go! 's film clips. Being a dog person, my favourite of their videos is "White Knuckles"

Yeh! That's a really good one 🐶🐕:love does the song come off second best amongst all those gorgeous puppers, trying so hard to get their tricks right?

Oh no, who?! I’m so sorry, here’s more hugs. :hugs :hugs:hugs
Suyin suddenly took a turn for the worse. I found Mhari in the run in a bad way & Lavender dead in the coop run when I went to check on my girls. Suyin wasn't unexpected. That she lasted so long was something of a miracle. The other 2...:confused::idunnoI took them very hard. I'm trying to be positive & see it as an opportunity to try a couple of other breeds I have been interested in: Japanese bantams, Belgian frizzles [this is a real experiment. I know almost nothing about Belgians; it was the frizzle I was after] & silver laced Wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom