I know. I want to take a needle and try to drain it so badly.
Nothing drainable, all I got was hurt looks “why you stabbing my foot, mom?” and a little bleeding. Then there is also the chunky chicken pus nature, :sick If it comes to the surface enough, I will do that, though it’s often less “draining” and more like scooping it out.:sick
That's a good idea. :thumbsup I'm betting he is still going to try to remove anything put on the foot.
He was totally ok with the guaze pads and white medical tape I used the first time, believe it or not! He didn’t even try to take it off. Weather he was that much worse feeling and couldn’t be bothered, or he didn’t mind the color as much, I don’t know... It wasn’t really ideal because the adhesive irritated his skin and it was uncomfortable taking it off his scales, but I was out of vet wrap and the feed store was as well.

How ahead and send me those. Cost money? I know folks that get followed make money. Maybe I'll get a 100,000 followers by next week. 😜

I have one subscriber, and average 6-12 views on my videos. I think the subscriber and the one comment I got were the same random guy. I wouldn’t expect monetization any time soon! 😆 I also post very short videos, almost exclusively of my chickens, with no editing, or fancy music, intro, or engaging content... so I’m not surprised. I didn’t even realize I could upload as well as watch videos until I wanted to share them here!

Thank You! 💕

I don’t want to Even think about the math to figure that out! It says 5g per gallon of water... But to figure out a proper direct dose? Without getting the concentrations per gram on the package... that’s so far beyond my math comfort zone! I’d be trying to figure it out upside down, backwards and sideways.

Math has always been my weakest subject, sort of. I like geometry and chemistry, but didn’t get past first year levels of chem because I was stuck too far below it in actual math for the pre requisites to go further. Stupid factoring polynomials... (still haven’t needed to use that, thankfully!)

I can easily divvy up a teaspoon into 8 even portions though! You just saved me another $65 on a scale... although I was ogling the grow lights in the hydroponics store and dreaming about setting up a little greenhouse (It’s getting to that time of year again quickly!)

It’s been raining all day, so I present one pissed off wet Rooster. I applied the prid and gauze, wrapped it, and he promptly attacked his own foot. He managed to pull the Gauze pad off one side of his foot from underneath the vet wrap, violently tore out three foot scales and one mid-leg scale, which he then ate, and scratched his own comb with a toenail. And wow, is that one heck of a bite strength! He got my finger a couple times by accident (he’s so gentle I will let toddlers hand feed him. Roostie doesn’t bite. At all) this is why I asked BIL to pick up any color vet wrap... Except RedView attachment 2501890View attachment 2501896
Here is the scab on the bottom of his other, non swollen, foot. A good 2/3 of it is somewhat loose, so I think I will soak it as well. If it comes off and drains while we are treating with antibiotics, there is probably a much lower chance of it ending up like his bad foot, right? For scale, that fingernail is 1/2” round View attachment 2501916
That is near enough exactly what Cillin's looks like apart from the bump Cillin has below the scab. I will try again to get a picture.

I have one subscriber, and average 6-12 views on my videos. I think the subscriber and the one comment I got were the same random guy. I wouldn’t expect monetization any time soon! 😆 I also post very short videos, almost exclusively of my chickens, with no editing, or fancy music, intro, or engaging content... so I’m not surprised. I didn’t even realize I could upload as well as watch videos until I wanted to share them here!
Yep. Figured. I was almost teasing. 😁 I do have a son that used to post on youtube. He has Spina Bifida. Made a youtube for questions regarding the Birth Defect. Showed some of his skills in driving that wheelchair around. :).

Friends, We are getting RAIN! YAY! :clap :ya:wee:yesss: We seriously needed rain here, in such drought conditions!
(The chickens, are not too happy about it),
We're in the same boat here in Utah. Just watched the weather..the rain you are getting will be our snow! Pretty excited.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom