I guess these birds need a rest, after destroying the strawberry plants I just planted in this box. :idunno
AFCB6B53-A7B5-44FA-9B5A-90363F2EF4B1.jpeg

Oh good grief I am not sure my nerves can handle 35 days of this.
I was out first thing to check she survived the night.
One less worry is that it is ok if there is nothing for her to eat - Mallards don't usually eat when they are sitting on a nest apparently. They store up fat in advance.
But of course after learning that I then worried about the babies and what they will eat if they get to hatch.
I know, they probably won't hatch, and if they do they will probably be gobbled up by the fox.
I have to stop worrying about them all!
You've probably already thought of this, but is it possible to rig up an electric fence around the pool while the duck is sitting?

I seem to have some new friends.

View attachment 2655523View attachment 2655525View attachment 2655526

My new friends have eggs.
View attachment 2655528View attachment 2655529

And one broody mother duck

View attachment 2655530

All this would be lovely except that it is my pool they have taken over.
Also I fear they are very exposed to fox attack where they have their nest, but I don’t think there is anything I can do about that.
I think they might be wanting to move into the Chicken Palace!
You have a gorgeous property! :love

I’m glad you enjoyed my style. This one is a little different, I tried to do a more ‘traditional’ short story but not sure how well I’ve done it haha.

chicken tax
View attachment 2657557
Will you share? Only if you want to. But I found your last one very moving so would love to read the new one even if it is very different.

Back
Top Bottom