For me, the magpies are my most loved and most feared. Their carolling is wonderful and they're extremely friendly and clever. Except when one decides to defend its nest (and you can't blame them for that).

Here are some friendly maggies.

That sounds like a dinosaur!! So cool!

What is your favorite native bird? Just curious there are so many beautiful species over there.
There are so many beautiful & wonderful Australain birds to choose from.
I love Bee~eaters:
1620956728385.png

Fairy wrens:
1620956839475.png

Pardalotes:
1620957032277.png

Lyrebirds
1620956981477.png

I could go on & on. There's cat birds, fig birds & bower birds, Rails & roadrunners, whip birds, bellbirds, marsh hens & Pitas. 🤗

Although I couldn't watch your video again I have one to contribute on the 'bad mood' topic.
This was hard to see - but also very surprising. Apologies it is a bit long.
In it we see Elizabeth who I believe is top hen and who never enforces her position take on first Minnie who is bottom hen and sweetness itself, and then later Diana who is prone to pecking (at least me).
Note that Maggie who usually picks on the roadrunners is entirely uninvolved and note also how the road runners crowd around the second fight cheering them on.
I can't imagine what went on to put Elizabeth in such a fighting mood.
I had 2 favorelle Xs for a while. The calmer one once pummelled her mean sister into the ground & held her face down for quite some time. It certainly sorted out some bad behaviour but was so extreme I nearly intervened ~ something I try hard not to do.

Lovely.
But Pitas? Are they?
Do any of them kill you?
Pita does not stand for P.I.T.A. Cassowaries could kill you but I've never heard of one doing so. And an Emu can cause a lot of damage if enraged but those birds are so big most people don't tangle with them.

Back
Top Bottom