We watched just as it happened too. We managed to rescue their bodies. They didn't look hurt, but they must have died of a snapped neck or shock. When we got to them Creamsicle was still there, but fading. He died in my arms. Freedom will be more limited now.
So, so sad. I’m sorry (again).

Yesterday was not the best of days. I was rear-ended. I'm pretty much ok, stiff, sore, and brushed today. I am waiting on CT scan for my neck as a precaution because of the cyst I have on my spinal cord.

View attachment 2666785

I was only 5 miles from my house so the police let me drive it home to save a tow bill.

The police were there because what initiated the crash was a postal worker delivering mail. She went to pull away from the mailbox and did not see the guy in front of me. He could not go around her because of the oncoming traffic.

I saw all this and stopped safely behind the guy in front of me. Suddenly I feel the impact and hear glass shatter as I'm pushed into the guy in front.

The kicker to all this is postal worker refused to give her information and left the scene. While she was not hit, she was at the very least a witness and needed to stay or give her info.

After the police finished with the 3 of us they were heading to the post office to find her and talk to her.

The guy in front of me only had a small scuff mark of his trunk where I was pushed I to him. I was the cream filling in a car sandwich.
What a bummer! I hope you continue to feel ok

Meatbird is in a bad mood.

I don't know what is going on with her! Yesterday she and the dog did their stare down contest through the fence (per normal).
Next thing I know, the dog is running away with her tail between her legs! Seems like Ms Meatbird gave a hard peck to the pup's nose. She looked quite proud of herself too...standing tall and watching the dog scoot away while holding her ground on the opposite side of the fence.

Then this morning, Meatbird and Picsia went above and beyond the normal chest bumping routine. She full on flew at Piscia with her feet out in attack mode. :eek: Piscia then returned in kind and then ran away from MB.

I thought it was over, but noooo! MB was holding a grudge and attacked (no one is hurt...looks scarier than it is) my Piscia two more times.

Piscia (who is beautiful and sweet, but not the brightest bulb) finally got the hint and stayed away for more than 3 seconds.

MB then excused herself from the others to visit the feeding station alone and yelled at everyone for being in her eyesight and for simply existing. :th

What is up with my normally go-with-the-flow Meatbird?
Do chickens get super moody before laying first eggs?
Some, like my Campines, never get over it & run screaming throughout the yard prior to laying. Thankfully I also have some no fuss, no bother girls to even things out. 😆

It’s Friday so you know what that means...

DAD924DF-4859-440D-91F2-B201D867E4A1.jpeg
8544371B-069D-46C7-AB69-D10F18585B0B.jpeg

Happy Friday!!

I was out in the backyard filming Chickadee & her little ones this morning, when the neighborhood cat started to approach Chickadee. She is such a fierce & protective mama hen! I honestly didn't even see the cat in the yard, but I'm so glad that nothing gets passed Chickadee!

That is wonderful, and such adorable little ones! Great job Chickadee 🥰

Back
Top Bottom