Thanks. The vet said "she did great" and drained over 500mL off since they could see right where the fluid was. But poor Ruby is doing pretty poorly since I picked her up. Like WAY worse than before I brought her in. I'm so sad for her and I'm hoping it's just the diazepam and she's still sedated (which the vet warned me she was still under its influence.)

Ruby was STILL dripping fluid when I brought her home. Poor thing. She is no longer open beak breathing, but went straight to bed in a nest box with her face in a corner when we go home. I hope she perks up before they go to bed so she can get some fluid in her. Right in front of her next box I have baby bird formula with nutridrench in it with a raw egg cracked on top. :)
How is she now? :fl

Aurora was a terror at the time. She was attacking all the hens below her in the pecking order. She was pulling other hens off of the roost at night. Chasing them around the yard. Standing on other hens, it was a disaster. Sansa spent several nights in the nest box rather than get pulled off the roost.

If Aurora had won she could have moved up to number 2 in the tribe. Imagine her reign of terror unchecked. It would have been awful for everyone.
Geez...it really was a game of thrones over there!

I had the same thing happen with Hattie and Aurora. I don't know who started it but Hattie ended it by hurting Aurora.

I was shocked but these things will happenin a tribe. Aurora has been well behaved, for her, since then.

Here is how viscous the fight was.
My bet is that Aurora started it , trying it on with Hattie or Lilly and Hattie wasn't having it. They are both making sure she stays in her place and don't have another go at her until she pecks at Hattie again. Lilly looks like she is waiting for an opening to back Hattie up.

We watched just as it happened too. We managed to rescue their bodies. They didn't look hurt, but they must have died of a snapped neck or shock. When we got to them Creamsicle was still there, but fading. He died in my arms. Freedom will be more limited now.
How awful for you. Seeing it but not being able to get there in time. 😟 It happens so quickly. All the hugs. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Yesterday was not the best of days. I was rear-ended. I'm pretty much ok, stiff, sore, and brushed today. I am waiting on CT scan for my neck as a precaution because of the cyst I have on my spinal cord.

View attachment 2666785

I was only 5 miles from my house so the police let me drive it home to save a tow bill.

The police were there because what initiated the crash was a postal worker delivering mail. She went to pull away from the mailbox and did not see the guy in front of me. He could not go around her because of the oncoming traffic.

I saw all this and stopped safely behind the guy in front of me. Suddenly I feel the impact and hear glass shatter as I'm pushed into the guy in front.

The kicker to all this is postal worker refused to give her information and left the scene. While she was not hit, she was at the very least a witness and needed to stay or give her info.

After the police finished with the 3 of us they were heading to the post office to find her and talk to her.

The guy in front of me only had a small scuff mark of his trunk where I was pushed I to him. I was the cream filling in a car sandwich.
Glad you're not seriously hurt CCCL. I'm glad you are getting a medical follow up and hope there are no injuries. :hugs

Take it easy for a bit ok? ❤️

Back
Top Bottom