It was a decent day today weather wise so out they came and out my camera came as well :)
View attachment 3389085
Peanut Butter is getting a silvery sheen
View attachment 3389086
Sugar giving her best windblown look
View attachment 3389088
Oreos back feathers, just a nifty pic
View attachment 3389087
Oh my god!!! The last picture!!! You should print it on Canvas and hang it at home. Stunning feather and stunning photography. Is it OK if I download it and maybe one day have it drawn in color?

Awww - what a good mama! I was going to ask about their age - their feathers looked like they were about 4 or 5 days old - oh there is hope for mine yet! It's better they imprint on her for sure!

You know it's going to be super cute when they are about a month old and bigger than her - right? hahahaha! And they all try to climb under her :lau

I had that with Henny Penny and her chicks all trying to climb under her when they were a few weeks old :) and twice her size!
I'm guessing 4 days old. Rural King got this shipment in on Thursday. Mom called them around noon yesterday to see if they had leghorns. At that time they had 20 left so she made a bee-line to the store. When she got there they were down to 10. I'm just thankful she did not bring home all 10.

I'm guessing 4 days old. Rural King got this shipment in on Thursday. Mom called them around noon yesterday to see if they had leghorns. At that time they had 20 left so she made a bee-line to the store. When she got there they were down to 10. I'm just thankful she did not bring home all 10.
Ya that would have been me :)

They don't sell chicks here in the feed mills (good thing too!), you have to order them in special, and then they get delivered to the feed mill - you go pick them up.

I am still super interested in getting some chicks from that one hatchery that has all the specialty chickens - all assuming I can contact them and grab some last minute. I wont dare hatch out eggs - it's too much heart ache for me with getting Roos. My luck I would get all Roos.

:(

But I would sooooooo love to hatch out some MartyxP babies - sucks to have to worry about the poor wee things :(

Henny Penny and her month old chickies (16 Nov 2021):

Born 14 Oct 2021, by a month old it was getting hard to fit under Henny Penny!
IMG_20211116_161346.jpg
IMG_20211116_161400.jpg

Ya that would have been me :)

They don't sell chicks here in the feed mills (good thing too!), you have to order them in special, and then they get delivered to the feed mill - you go pick them up.

I am still super interested in getting some chicks from that one hatchery that has all the specialty chickens - all assuming I can contact them and grab some last minute. I wont dare hatch out eggs - it's too much heart ache for me with getting Roos. My luck I would get all Roos.

:(

But I would sooooooo love to hatch out some MartyxP babies - sucks to have to worry about the poor wee things :(

Henny Penny and her month old chickies (16 Nov 2021):

Born 14 Oct 2021, by a month old it was getting hard to fit under Henny Penny!
View attachment 3389247View attachment 3389248
So adorable. I've got my fingers crossed that for at least 2 to 3 weeks they will be able to fit under her. Once they get some feathers with the protection of the coop and the tote they should be ok if some parts of them stick out from under her.

So adorable. I've got my fingers crossed that for at least 2 to 3 weeks they will be able to fit under her. Once they get some feathers with the protection of the coop and the tote they should be ok if some parts of them stick out from under her.
It's milder where you are so by then you should be into better weather - when my kiddos were a month old it was coming into miserable weather! Having said that, they seemed to thrive well enough! And Henny Penny herself prefers the cooler weather. She really suffers in the heat.

Back
Top Bottom