flukers is working better in middle of bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chkinut, Dec 16, 2010.

1. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    just wanted to let you know, incase you own a flukers thermom/hygrometer.....i had mounted mine on the side of my Hovabator....well, it was telling me that the temp was 98.0 while my "regular" thermometer....placed on the egg turner in the middle of the bator, read 100.0. i took it off the wall of the bator and put it right with the regular thermometer and it now reads 100, just like the other thermometer. hope this helps someone.

2. wilkey44

wilkey44 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2010
    Central Oklahoma
    well when you mount it on the wall it may have been 98 it was reading the temp that was coming threw the wall as well as the temp in the incubator. but to me having a lower temp spot is a good thing, I rotate from hot to cold area just like a hen would moving eggs in the middle to the outside and the eggs on the outside to the middle

3. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    good idea....how often should i rotate? cuz i've got some eggs that are right under the fan.

4. wilkey44

Nov 14, 2010
    Central Oklahoma
    I do mine just about every day depending on the age and if I have any eggs in the hatcher area if I don't have eggs in the hatcher area I have a turner there so I move from top to bottom or front and back

5. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    ok, also, now my flukers (since i've added my eggs) is jumping from 100.7 to 101.3....back and forth. and my regular thermometer says 101.3ish. should i be concerned?

6. wilkey44

Nov 14, 2010
    Central Oklahoma
    I wouldn't worry about it I have my thermostat to turn off at 102 and on at 97.5-98 and 40% humidity and have had some 7/7 and 2 - 5 for 5 and in a month have 69 chicks so far

7. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    whew!! ok, thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by