Flukers Thermometer Opinions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fowlwoman1, May 1, 2008.

1. fowlwoman1

fowlwoman1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    Today I was just about to start pulling my hair out because I had 4 thermometers in my incubator and the lowest said 96 and the highest said 110:eek:. So I went to petco and bought a Flukers thermometer because it looked like the best that they sold. I have nothing reliable to check it against.

2. fowlwoman1

fowlwoman1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    bumping....

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I used the one from Petco too and was never sure how accurate it was. In the end I think it said it was cooler than it really was. My hatch was a little early.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I used a baby thermometer to test my flukers. The temps were fine it was the hygrometer part in mine that was off. I use a wet bulb thermometer now and the new accurite thermometer/hygrometer unit. I think it was $8 at walmart. Then tractor supply has them for the same price. That one reads spot on with both readings.

5. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I use the Fluckers exclusively in my TX 6 my hatches are great in exactly 21 days and hatch rate is always up there. I have not tested it against anything but it seems to be doing the best job for me of all the 5 others I bought before this one. I like it because it is very small and fits in the incubator without taking up lots of room like some of the others. The TX-6 is not as large as some bators so space is important to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by