1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Flukers Thermometer Opinions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fowlwoman1, May 1, 2008.

1. fowlwoman1

fowlwoman1 Songster

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    Today I was just about to start pulling my hair out because I had 4 thermometers in my incubator and the lowest said 96 and the highest said 110:eek:. So I went to petco and bought a Flukers thermometer because it looked like the best that they sold. I have nothing reliable to check it against.

2. fowlwoman1

fowlwoman1 Songster

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    bumping....

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I used the one from Petco too and was never sure how accurate it was. In the end I think it said it was cooler than it really was. My hatch was a little early.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Songster

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I used a baby thermometer to test my flukers. The temps were fine it was the hygrometer part in mine that was off. I use a wet bulb thermometer now and the new accurite thermometer/hygrometer unit. I think it was $8 at walmart. Then tractor supply has them for the same price. That one reads spot on with both readings.

5. jimnjay

jimnjay Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I use the Fluckers exclusively in my TX 6 my hatches are great in exactly 21 days and hatch rate is always up there. I have not tested it against anything but it seems to be doing the best job for me of all the 5 others I bought before this one. I like it because it is very small and fits in the incubator without taking up lots of room like some of the others. The TX-6 is not as large as some bators so space is important to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: