fly bags are amazing!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by one slick chic, Jul 11, 2011.

1. one slick chic

one slick chic Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    lake hopatcong, nj
    I just wanted to post to anyone who was wondering what to do about flies. I have been using the bags that you cut the top and pull out the entrance area and add the water to the "fly bait" and the are insane! I am going through one a week. I have no flies but a bag full of dead ones. They stink for sure so place them a little further than you think you should but totally worth the $5 a bag. I have never seen a product work so well. Kudos to the inventor of this smelly disgusting product [​IMG]

BTW...has anyone ever mixed baking soda in with the litter to help with the smell? Is it something that can be done without any harm?

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    what are these fly bags?... can you link me up?...lol

3. Tenmore

Tenmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    Quote:Any feed store will have them. Ive seen them at Home Depot and Lowes... and they work great [​IMG]

4. one slick chic

Jun 14, 2011
    lake hopatcong, nj
    I get mine at home depot, I will try to link the company

5. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:Any feed store will have them. Ive seen them at Home Depot and Lowes... and they work great [​IMG]

I am in Canada.. our stores dont always carry what the US stores do

6. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    They're sold at home depot and look like the bags you catch Japanese beetles or yellow jackets in. Thanks for the info op I actually eyed them up last week! [​IMG]

7. one slick chic

Jun 14, 2011
    lake hopatcong, nj
    Ok, can't figure out how to add a link from my phone. But they are made by a company called Rescue. If you google fly trap bags you should find them. They make many products and you can search for retailers!

8. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    At Home Depot, they are on the "death an destruction aisle" with all the pesticides and pest killers. They cost about four dollars, and they DO work great. They reek to high heaven after a few days though, and I only use them in areas that are far from windows or where any of my animals sleep. I wouldn't want to smell that stench all night or day. [​IMG]

9. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    ...has anyone ever mixed baking soda in with the litter to help with the smell?

Pelletized Lime is better​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by