1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    So I was truggling with flies and I decided to try something cheap and simple looking...is a disposable trap....after one night about 10 flies trapped and a bunch of little bugs. I put it right outside the door of the coop/run since I was affraid that the trap would fall and the girls would drink the stuff......Best of all, only a few flies in the coop!! woohoooo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope it helps some one!

2. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

We use the same brand and love it,.. it catches thousands of the little buggers and it's disgusting to have to throw away [​IMG],.. but they work! [​IMG]

3. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    ...and now you tell me!!! hehehehe.....

4. ChickenSahib

ChickenSahib Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Hayward
    Got one of these or my grandma. Let's see how it turned out after this weekend.

5. TinaCiesla

TinaCiesla Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    We've used these too. The bait that comes inside, which activates when you add water, smells like something dead and rotting. We caught tons of flies but couldn't handle the smell. We still use them, but we locate them about 25 yards from the actual coop so we don't have to inhale the smell. It's WAY worse than any poop my chickens have left for me to clean. I also noticed that if it's left too long, the flies will lay eggs then those will hatch, and then you have maggots in the bag. Some of the smarter flies learn to go in and out of the bag. It's all very disgusting to me. I'm working with my D.E. and having success with that too. Controlling flies is a multi-faceted approach.

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Just put one in the coop. second went it the end of the run and the third went in the area I like to drink my morning coffee thank you for the referal to the Resque Fly Trap.

Steve

7. putty

putty Out Of The Brooder

Quote:Steve wait for these to ripen, no way your having coffee by one! (they work great)

8. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    yeah Steave, put it a few feet from your coffee spot [​IMG]

9. ChickenSahib

ChickenSahib Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Hayward
    Just an update, these things stink! Not ideal for someone with a tiny backyard. But they do work reallly gooooooooooood. It's like fly soup in my grandma's. [​IMG]

10. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Second day I put them out I had vultures circling. YES THEY STINK!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by