Fly killing spree.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HarlansHollowFarms, Sep 18, 2009.

1. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I am on a mission to kill every last one of these pesty little flies.

Is anyone else having an explosion of everyday house flies in their area? It seems to me they are invading the planet right now and need to be radically controlled.

Who's with me? Flyswatters up!

GO.........

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Don't forget what happened to Miss_Jayne when she tried to use her hand as a flyswatter! Almost broken fingers. Shovels work better.

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    [​IMG]

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    We've had trouble with them all summer....[​IMG] After your done with yours do you want to come here and take care of ours???[​IMG]

5. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I agree, it seems there are a lot this year. I have 4 flyswatters spread out in the house, outside I set up one of those stinky attractants, and in the horse area I have been spreading DE weekly (which seems to keep them away) Good luck on your quest!

6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    I am proposing an all out siege by everyone....... and Buff NO shovels in the house....they can cause to much damage!

7. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

I have one of those "ELECTRIC FLY SWATTERS" from HFT they are great. work like a bug zapper that ya would hang on the patio but is shaped like a tennis racket. Just install batteries, hold the button down and fry them little suckers. They are less than $5.00.

Word of caution YES THEY WILL SHOCK YER FINGERS TOO. Like electric fence.

Who knows my be also work well to motivate kids to do thier chores too!

8. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]
    I have a couple of those my Aunt sent me! [​IMG]

9. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    They have a thing called a fly trap. It's a 1 gallon bag that has a lid with one way holes in it. You add this stinky stuff it comes with,& some water. Then hang it acrossed the yard a good distance away. I kid you not, I caught about 5 pounds of fly's last year. After the bag is full of flys, beetles move in to eat the flys.Then you discard the bag. I've had critters take the bag of flys & eat it....When I was a kid my grandpa use to tell me He'd give me 2 cents for every fly I could catch in a bag(just to keep me buisy). You should of seen the look on his face when I brought him that bag of flys last year... [​IMG]

10. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    that's so weird. They're out of control here 2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by