Fly strips are mean...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jul 20, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

...And funny!!!! I was just out in the garage looking at my Cornish roasters chicks. They were pretty stinky the other day and the flies had found them. I put up some sticky strips to get ride of them. I couldn't stop laughing just now because two of the flies who were stuck were having a race. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I know, it doesn't take a lot to entertain me....[​IMG]

2. MsBentleyboy

MsBentleyboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Kentucky girl
    [​IMG]

3. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    I know, it doesn't take a lot to entertain me

Me either [​IMG]

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I try to ignore my fly strips, they're gross. My BF, however, gets all emotional when he sees those poor little disease carrying nasties struggling for freedom. Instead of seeing flies on the fly strips, I now see little pieces of t.p. where he's squished them to put them out of their misery.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I can't use those around here because I am not coordinated enough to stay out of them!!Last year I hung them everywhere near my chicken coop and in my shed and I can't count the number of times I had them stuck in my hair!! They are pretty good for the smaller flies too!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  6. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Quote:My sil was walking in her barn one night and didn't bother to put the light on, and walked right inot one. Whe is still traumatized!! She waid the worst part ws hearing the flies buszzing in her ear. She still has nightmares!!!! [​IMG]

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Now if enough flies where stuck on there and they all tried flying in the same direction,i wonder if they could make that fly trap move. :eek:

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:My sil was walking in her barn one night and didn't bother to put the light on, and walked right inot one. Whe is still traumatized!! She waid the worst part ws hearing the flies buszzing in her ear. She still has nightmares!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Living out in hog country I have learned to totally hate flies. I have traps filled to capazity in just a day or two. ick!

10. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    love fly strips!! wonder if the chickens can pick the flys off of them without getting trapped themselves.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by