As the summer warmed up and the fly population increased I decided to hang a fly-strip in my run. Seemed great for a couple days as it was covered in flies and there seemed to be a noticeable decline in the fly population, until, I noticed one of my hens walking around with what looked like an injured wing. When I entered the run to check her out I realized that she must have flown into the fly strip and pulled it down. Now it was all caught up under her wing! Note: Removing it was not fun for her or me! I have since put another strip up but this time I put it way up in the peak inside the coop where they are unlikely to fly.