1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fly tying equipment, Pictures added finally!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WriterofWords, Dec 26, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Steven and I have collected a lot of fly tying equipment over the past several years and were thinking of selling some of it. Vises, threads, whole kits with tweezers, spools, you name it. Would anyone be interested in seeing more about it?
    The one book Western Trout Fly Tying Manual is missing the cover and I bought it that way at a used store for 14.95, it's huge! The other book The Elements of Fly Tying is a hard back with the dust cover, that I bought at Barnes and Noble for a small fortune only to have the same book given to me for Christmas that year! It was $40 at B & N but I won't ask that much for it, I'm going to check around online and see what it's going for. It's a great book!

I'm going to go add the prices over the pictures now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i would be interested in knowing more what u have, pics and prices if u want to email me. i will let dh mike and his dad know what u have and see if there is anything they need or could use.
    thanks,
    mar

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'll get some pics this weekend and see what we can do there. I've got most of it out in the shed except the pieces we use when we need flies. Thanks!

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    sounds good, i'll let mike know in the morning when he gets up u guys have fly stuff.
    thank you,
    mar

5. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    My husband would be interested as well! Pics and info would be great.

Tx.

6. ejones1961

ejones1961 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    West TN
    I would also be interested in seeing what you have.

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm uploading a few pics to Photobucket right now. I'll have them posted in a few minutes,,, dial up,, takes awhile!

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Various supplies and vises. The vises I had bases made for in our welding shop at HELSTF because when I go fishing and have to tie flys there isn't always a table to clamp to and I needed VERY heavy bases to hold them down.
    I'm afraid on the vises the postage might run a bit but I can get that checked if you are interested.
    They do have table clamps though in a picture following them:
    The big vise $15.00 the smaller vise $10.00 includes heavy base and table clamps with each.
    In heavy bases:
    [​IMG]
    Broken down:
    [​IMG]
    Table clamps:
    [​IMG]
    Prices on supplies would depend on what you want out of them or for the lot of them.
    Supplies from wires, threads, chenile, feathers, furs, eyes, rubber sheets, just too many to name!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More to come!

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The kit is heavy, has the heavy base and the table clamps for the vise, all the tools need for tying and more. This was another instance of I bought the kit for Steven for Christmas and so did someone else from our Fly Fishing club! I'd like to get $50 for the kit if possible.

The kit:
    The closed case
    [​IMG]
    Open to see the wonderful goodies inside:
    [​IMG]
    The book The Elements of Fly Fishing, A Comprehensive Guide to the Equipment, Techniques, and Resources of the Sport.
    [​IMG]

Not pictured:
    New spool of 20lb test Cortland Fairplay Fly Line Backing, 100 yards.

Scientific Anglers Fly Fishing Trout/Panfish pack of 57ft WF-6-F Floating Fly line, 20lb 100 yards Backing, and Knot Pamphelt, brand new!

The pictures don't even begin to cover all of the supplies, there are just too many packs of feathers, furs, eyes, hooks, tubes, misc. goodies, and just stuff, too show.

I had no idea we'd collected so much, and we don't fish as often as we used to and I've gotten lazy and started buying pre-tied flys, just don't tell my club! I even have a box of two of flys I could toss in.

10. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Thanks for posting the pics. I had my husband look at them and he is interested in several items but would like to know the cost. He really likes the wood cased kit and alot of the feathering, etc. and some of the miscellaneous supplies. Please PM me pricing if you could please.

Many thanks,
    Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by